• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

English Domestic Season 2024

chris.hinton

International Captain
Lancashire 140 all out but they have made a decent start in Somerset innings has they are 65-4

Warwickshire 78 all out, Essex are 104-5

September Wickets hey

Molehill

International Captain
Lancashire 140 all out but they have made a decent start in Somerset innings has they are 65-4

Warwickshire 78 all out, Essex are 104-5

September Wickets hey
Apart from the fact it's a beautiful sunny day in most places and ought to be good for batting. Somerset don't exactly look like they're heading for many batting points, that could cost them even if they win.

Third_Man

State 12th Man
Here's an XI (most playing today, six making List A or FC debut this year - some clearly more experienced)
Archie Vaughan
Harry Singh
Fletcha Middleton
Rocky Flintoff
Josh de Caires
Haydon Mustard+
James Sales
Sam Curran
Tom Curran
Luc Benkenstein
Harry Moore

feel old?

Last edited:

Molehill

International Captain
Here's an XI (most playing today, five making List A or FC debut this year - some clearly more experienced)
Archie Vaughan
Fletcha Middleton
Brett D'Oliveira
Rocky Flintoff
Josh de Caires
Haydon Mustard+
James Sales
Sam Curran
Tom Curran
Luc Benkenstein
Harry Moore

feel old?
Archie Lenham could've been another qualified for this team.

Been watching the Glos/Sussex stream, would have to go down as the worst stream on the circuit. It still only has a fixed camera from one end with the occasional replays with other views. Reminds me of watching cricket in the 80's of being behind the batsman as a ball is bowled.

Third_Man

State 12th Man
Archie Lenham could've been another qualified for this team.

Been watching the Glos/Sussex stream, would have to go down as the worst stream on the circuit. It still only has a fixed camera from one end with the occasional replays with other views. Reminds me of watching cricket in the 80's of being behind the batsman as a ball is bowled.
and YJB, Luke Wells, David Willey, Mitchell Killeen, Reece Topley

Last edited:

Third_Man

State 12th Man
Although some of those are not exactly young whipper snappers.

Is Harry Moore son of Stephen?
yes. It was that discovery which made me think. Apparently he's already properly quick at 17. Tommy Ealham made his List A debut last year not sure he's played this year and opening it up to next generation there's Jaydn Denly. Just seems to be an influx of next generation players in the last two years.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Thanks @mackembhoy for the heads up about Durham's bowling attack, as I really hadn't noticed that earlier today. Less than impressive from Pope not to make himself available, as our batting line-up looks a little bit short of proper batsmen before we come to the all-rounders. And that's relatively unusual for our guys,who usually play when available. Tom Curran is currently one of my favourite cricketers as he's unretired from red ball cricket to help out at a time when we're trying to win the CC. It must come as quite a shock bowling more than four overs in an innings, but he did pretty well at Taunton and he's made a contribution again today.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
What do we think about events at Old Trafford, where a two day match is a strong possibility? Dodgy pitch or dodgy batting? And I see that young Rocky is still batting at 4 and still struggling to make a score. I know I've said this before, but I hope they don't ruin his confidence by playing him so high up the order at his age.

Third_Man

State 12th Man
What do we think about events at Old Trafford, where a two day match is a strong possibility? Dodgy pitch or dodgy batting? And I see that young Rocky is still batting at 4 and still struggling to make a score. I know I've said this before, but I hope they don't ruin his confidence by playing him so high up the order at his age.
It's a result pitch as they say but the commentators of the opinion most were the result of good bowling making the most of the pitch. Somerset batters more guilty of playing few bad shots, apparently, but for once Lancashire seem to be have been got out with good balls rather than given their wickets away. Lots of playing and missing though. Only listening though not watching.
Surprised that Wells not batting at four, but Flintoff will be 5 at best in the second innings with Williams promoted.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
It's a result pitch as they say but the commentators of the opinion most were the result of good bowling making the most of the pitch. Somerset batters more guilty of playing few bad shots, apparently, but for once Lancashire seem to be have been got out with good balls rather than given their wickets away. Lots of playing and missing though. Only listening though not watching.
Surprised that Wells not batting at four, but Flintoff will be 5 at best in the second innings with Williams promoted.
We produced a lottery pitch against Worcs and threatened to derail our season.

So seems a pretty daft by Lancs when they really need max points.

Yeoman

U19 Captain
Which is ironic given what a show pony Banton once was.
He seems to have got his head down more this year and played in a more mature and restrained manner when appropriate. It has been a notable refocusing as his career could easily have withered away rapidly after such a flying start.