• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

English Domestic Season 2024

Chin Music

State Vice-Captain
Yes, absolutely. I'm only saying that I wouldn't write off Somerset's chances, especially if they take the last three Lancashire wickets quickly.
Unless you were talking about Vaughan, but he did take wickets in Surrey's first innings last week as well as in their second. So he may have been worth a twirl sooner than we saw today, especially when some of the Lancashire batters had seen off the seamers to some extent.
I was more talking about Leach. He was never all that in the first half of matches, even if it is obvious slow bowlers are always going to prosper when wickets break up.

FBU

International Debutant
Bas De Leede bowling beautifully at the Oval.

Really stepping up in the absence of the 4 missing senior seamers.

Looking at how Lancs are going, Somerset really going to need us to get these final 5 wickets for less than 100 runs.
Where is Ben Raine?

Third_Man

State 12th Man
Good decision
So Dobell writes an article about it in which seems to be making important points on this matter and even making recommendations (using drs) for the future of county cricket. Yet he puts the article behind a paywall.

As he says: thoughts?

chris.hinton

International Captain

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
So Dobell writes an article about it in which seems to be making important points on this matter and even making recommendations (using drs) for the future of county cricket. Yet he puts the article behind a paywall.

As he says: thoughts?
I mean it is a shocker in seriousness.

Some on twitter seem to be saying that it's not out because you can't be run out if you've left the crease thinking you're out. I don't see how Balderson could possibly claim that

All games are streamed. Not saying you need DRS but not having run out/stumping replays seems like an unnecessary omission.

Yeoman

U19 Captain
In a manner which will please financial analysts, the trends evident in all of the matches yesterday have all been continued through the first session this morning.

chris.hinton

International Captain
Somerset need 393 to beat Lancashire

Surrey 415 v Durham 262 & 98-6 - This looks like Surrey will win so Somerset need to win to enable it to go down to the last match otherwise Surrey will win the CC again

chris.hinton

International Captain
Results in Division Two

Gloucestershire 109 & 195 v Sussex 311

Sussex won by an innings and seven runs

Derbyshire 173 & 119 v Middlesex 358

Middlesex won by an innings and 66 runs

Gremlin

U19 Vice-Captain
Just as I was about to look up Liam Dawson's stats he gets out. All my fault.

You can't help thinking England would be a better team with him in it for the Pakistan tour and beyond.... ah well.

tony p

State Regular
So one of Yorkshire & Middlesex will miss out on promotion, who will it be.?
Yorkshire home to Northants and Middlesex go to Hove to face Sussex.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
So one of Yorkshire & Middlesex will miss out on promotion, who will it be.?
Yorkshire home to Northants and Middlesex go to Hove to face Sussex.
As the forecast is for rain next week there will be a lot of draws and Yorkshire will go up.

I suspect even with a full match in Yorkshire wouldn't lose and that would be enough to go up.

Blenkinsop

U19 Vice-Captain
Toby Roland-Jones has been in an incredible purple patch for the last few matches, but I don't see much else to suggest Middlesex are good enough to go up or stay up.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
@wpdavid so not only have you admitted that Salt>>>Jacks, now Lancs hand you guys the title on a platter in the same week I renew my membership*

*inb4 Somerset chase it down tomorrow