• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Afghanistan v New Zealand - Only Test

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
All in all for Afghanistan it might be a decent thing if its called off. Without Rashid and Ibrahim how competitive would their showing have been.

Hopefully the ICC (doubt it) can somehow schedule a replacement game if it is called off.
Supposed to rain in future days anyway.

James

Cricket Web Owner
I hope than the BCCI didn't charge for providing this ground and facilities.
Does seem strange when India have so many cricket grounds that they would schedule a Test here at a ground that appears not up to international standard. Perhaps some Indian members could shed some light on the thought process from the BCCI.

TheBrand

First Class Debutant
Conspiracy speculation: Just classic BCCI sabotaging any potential upset from NZ in the India series

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Bummer. I really wanna see little Kane trying to hit a boundary accross a dug up and sawdusted outfield.

Will be like a rewind to WACA '85.

govinda indian fan

U19 12th Man
Conspiracy speculation: Just classic BCCI sabotaging any potential upset from NZ in the India series
Bcci is a corrupt body which dosent give a **** about fans or game they only care about money but i think in this case it was pre decided that afghans would play at noida and afghan have mou with uttar pradesh cricket association and also uttar pradesh is poorest state in india and they dont have facilities compere to rich state/board

capt_Luffy

International Captain
Bcci is a corrupt body which dosent give a **** about fans or game they only care about money but i think in this case it was pre decided that afghans would play at noida and afghan have mou with uttar pradesh cricket association and also uttar pradesh is poorest state in india and they dont have facilities compere to rich state/board
They still have grounds like Kanpur and Lucknow in UP though.

Chin Music

State Vice-Captain
Isn't the north of India pretty much still having the back end of the monsoon? That means that there was always significant risk of disruption. I know Mumbai and areas in Maharashtra pretty well and they are near the back end of the season, but the north tends to finish a bit later on in comparison?

anonymouskefe

School Boy/Girl Captain
from esp "like day one, there was not even a drop of rain during the day" how was this ground selected surely has to be overseen to ensure its up for international cricket especially considering its back end of the rainy season.

R!TTER

State Regular
They still have grounds like Kanpur and Lucknow in UP though.
And who'd pay the difference to host it at a better venue or you think it's all free because it's India?
The team that has a grand total of 2 (test) wins in India :laugh:
Speculating, like the others, but maybe this has more to do with Taliban? They're not exactly GoI's BFF. 8-)