• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Afghanistan v New Zealand - Only Test

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Feeling disconnected from cricket atm, but I like the idea of playing one off tests on tours against neighbouring countries of the main host. It's hard to be too positive about Afghanistan's involvement in international sport now though. Enormously challenging tour overall, I hope our aging (but with a little newer life too) side is up for it.

First session would have been watchable for me, rain is annoying.

Silver Silva

International Debutant
Feeling bad for NZ fans no cricket for 3 months and then they get this shocking test to start with. Situations like this do not help test cricket at all. Just call the day off ffs , how can you jump from inspection to inspection for 5 hours

King Kane

International Debutant
What a fizzer, it doesn't look like there will be any play today even though cricinfo are still talking about a pitch inspection and some possible play.

govinda indian fan

U19 12th Man
Bcci could have given lucknow stadium to afghans since india dont play much there anway wrong time to schedule a test match in india because half of the country is under water

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cricinfo said:
The groundsmen have dug a part of the midwicket area and working there as that part is most affected. I don't know what they'll do next after digging it. There were thousands of spectators and fans yesterday but no one today. Officially, next inspection is at 12pm and the teams are still in their hotel.
Day two might be a write-off as well.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Doesn't look like we'll be getting a start anytime soon. The groundstaff are apparently trying to dig up the worst part of the outfield and replace it with dry soil and grass.

anonymouskefe

School Boy/Girl Captain
May as well call the whole match off. Its meant actually to rain tomorrow so that puts that and the next day as well with this kind of drainage. Ground clearly not upto it for international standards

Coronis

International Coach
All in all for Afghanistan it might be a decent thing if its called off. Without Rashid and Ibrahim how competitive would their showing have been.

Hopefully the ICC (doubt it) can somehow schedule a replacement game if it is called off.