• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England vs Sri Lanka 21st August-10th September 2024

King Kane

International Debutant
A great knock from Nissanka with some good support from Mathews, I thought Sri Lanka may have got the wobbles but they have steadied the ship.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I know this is slightly early, but I have to pop out now. Really well played Sri Lanka, and I trust that their followers on CW will really enjoy this one and celebrate long and hard. I don't think anyone can deny that the likely margin of victory reflects the quality of cricket played by both sides in this match.

danzydab

U19 Debutant
who says test cricket is dead? first west indies winning in australia, bangladesh whitewashing pakistan away and now sri lanka on the verge of victory

Molehill

International Captain
Well played Sri Lanka. After a poor first day were by far the best side in this game. Pretty dismal stuff from England, who never really seemed interested. No surprise that the only guys who got runs were the ones who kind of needed them. A match too far for Atkinson and Woakes (Potts really should have played), some utterly daft captaincy from Pope and a bizarre debut choice for Hull.

Still, it was only a dead rubber. At least we didn't lose when the series was still on the line.....

King Kane

International Debutant
I don't think many people would have predicted Sri Lanka to be winning this test by 8 wickets when England had a 62 run first innings lead yesterday.

BazBall21

International Vice-Captain
While the batting is culpable, that is a pathetic effort from the bowlers and captain.

The Test summer has finished on a very damp and sour note. An utterly unprofessional performance. Well done Sri Lanka. Only one team wanted to win that match and it certainly wasn't us.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
bit weird to basically do an "english" player of the summer during the post-match presentations.