• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Bangladesh Tour of Pakistan- Test Series

Silver Silva

International Debutant
So where to now for Pakistan? Firstly, the team overall displayed the flakiness that cost them heavily in Australia, but perhaps even more so. Can anyone else here think of a mentally weaker team?

Their bowling is a concern as they don't have someone with real pace and Shaheen's being off the boil removes amount of quality. I doubt Abrar will be effective unless the pitches are dry enough that the pacers will be ineffective. I like Khurram and think he could be a useful bowler in the Siddle mould, except I have doubts about his fitness. But they have no-one with real spark who can lift the team. The batting's the biggest problem. Obviously there's a wide gap between QeA and tests - though it's silly how bad they are at playing pace when until Imran's reorganisation greentops were very common. They have guys who can score, but they seem to lack discipline and application, as was starkly apparent in Australia with collapses against spells which might have gone wicketless with even a modicum of judgement. And of course the fielding is plumbing new depths.

Despite the obvious massive structural weaknesses in Pakistan cricket more widely, I honestly don't think they're that bad on paper. But when it comes to getting on the field, eleven headless chickens would be a more resilient team (and could probably catch better). If England don't mince them in every test I will be quite surprised.

Very interesting action, all arms. Must say it strikes me as being one that'll be vulnerable to injuries but until he
How is Masood captain of Pakistan, is it politics or corruption?

reyrey

U19 Vice-Captain
Pak lacking a truly quality spinner is what's hurting them the most and that's been the case for a while. I mean put Saqlain or even Kaneria in this side and at worst they are drawing this series.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Pak lacking a truly quality spinner is what's hurting them the most and that's been the case for a while. I mean put Saqlain or even Kaneria in this side and at worst they are drawing this series.
The first Test was so weird. Pakistan arguably played better IMO but lost by ten wickets. Not sure I've ever seen such a whopping victory to team that maybe wasn't even the best performed team in the game. Declaration made things a bit weird, but still.

Second Test - yeah just outplayed.

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
Pakistan at this rate came closer to Beating Australia sums up that Australia is there for the taking in Ashes and BGT.
Windies got them finally and Kiwis nearly had them in second test.

The bubble may finally burst this summer for Aussies & their flaky batting unit @Nintendo

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
Dont underestimate India's abilty to choke in bowling friendly conditions
If anything Bowling friendly shootouts bring India in to the game.
Joburg 2018 and Newlands 2024 are prime examples.
Australia would be better suited to prepare flat tracks & grind India with some old fashioned cricket.
Fast paced tests would suit visitors

govinda indian fan

U19 12th Man
If anything Bowling friendly shootouts bring India in to the game.
Joburg 2018 and Newlands 2024 are prime examples.
Australia would be better suited to prepare flat tracks & grind India with some old fashioned cricket.
Fast paced tests would suit visitors
We are not having murli vijay or pujara now instead we have falshy untested in overseas jaiswal and ftb gill

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
We are not having murli vijay or pujara now instead we have falshy untested in overseas jaiswal and ftb gill
Lol Murli Vijay was a massive failure in 2018-19 in Australia & got dropped for Mayank. Only in ultra flat pancake high scoring tracks of 2014 he did well.
Jaiswal is still quality & his aggressive run scoring will be critical in a low scoring series and he is a left hander.
Australia struggled against Indian left handers Jadeja Sundar Pant in last BGT.
If anything Indian batting somehow looks better on paper than Australia. Only Green Marsh Head seem to be carrying them

govinda indian fan

U19 12th Man
Lol Murli Vijay was a massive failure in 2018-19 in Australia & got dropped for Mayank. Only in ultra flat pancake high scoring tracks of 2014 he did well.
Jaiswal is still quality & his aggressive run scoring will be critical in a low scoring series and he is a left hander.
Australia struggled against Indian left handers Jadeja Sundar Pant in last BGT.
If anything Indian batting somehow looks better on paper than Australia. Only Green Marsh Head seem to be carrying them
Yes but jaiswal is prone to poke his bat to balls outside off stump anway hopefully we will do well in aus🙂

LangleyburyCCPlayee

U19 Cricketer
People don't realise how rapidly these historical "memories" can fade, especially in fast-growing countries with young populations. It took like 30 years for Vietnam to flip from being "literally at war with America" to "in some polling, the most pro-American country on the planet".
I think it’s more America and Vietnam having a mutual distrust of China than anything, I couldn’t tell you Bangladesh’s relations with their Asian neighbours (I’d imagine Pakistan don’t have the power to project much influence on Bangladesh these days?)

Last edited:

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
Yes but jaiswal is prone to poke his bat to balls outside off stump anway hopefully we will do well in aus🙂
That is pretty much everyone's problem in Test cricket these days. Major talking point would be how he copes with extra bounce of Perth.
In other venues he has tools to do well.

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
For Pakistan I'd say Bring back Abid Ali for England Tests. He is a valuable HTB at least.
Sajid Khan the off spinner and Noman Ali are still best spinners around.
Drop Abrar he looks a limited over prospect at best. His Mystery isn't Mendis or Theekshana level.

My Pacers would be Arshad Iqbal (if fit) Aamer Jamal and Khurram.

For BD Hridoy must be picked for India tests.
Drop Mominul perhaps

govinda indian fan

U19 12th Man
For Pakistan I'd say Bring back Abid Ali for England Tests. He is a valuable HTB at least.
Sajid Khan the off spinner and Noman Ali are still best spinners around.
Drop Abrar he looks a limited over prospect at best. His Mystery isn't Mendis or Theekshana level.

My Pacers would be Arshad Iqbal (if fit) Aamer Jamal and Khurram.

For BD Hridoy must be picked for India tests.
Drop Mominul perhaps
Sajid khan is **** bowler and nauman and abid are too old maybe they can get haris sohil who is younger then abid back

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
Sajid khan is **** bowler and nauman and abid are too old maybe they can get haris sohil who is younger then abid back
Sajid had a match winning effort in BD 12 wickets I guess. Bowled decently in Sydney test this year. Noman is best left arm spinner they have.
Both of them are short term solutions keeping England in mind. Abrar ain't it. Too slow off the pitch and doesn't turns at all.

Abid Ali is 36 and Haris unfit Sohail is 35 with poor domestic numbers off late.
Abid was excellent in Pakistan at least.

cricman

International 12th Man
It could be just the circumvent nature of how Bangladesh batted but I thought Mohammed Ali for Pakistan bowled really well.

Mominul and Shakib didn't exude any confidence when they were batting.

I think Rishad should be an option in the Test team. He can bowl 10-12 overs in an innings, isn't a mug with the Bat and is a plus fielder. Especially with Shakib declining.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Pakistan at this rate came closer to Beating Australia sums up that Australia is there for the taking in Ashes and BGT.
Windies got them finally and Kiwis nearly had them in second test.

The bubble may finally burst this summer for Aussies & their flaky batting unit @Nintendo
Current Indian batting doesn't have the grit to really overcome Australia. Needed someone like Pujara in there at least but there's no one.

If they can even get a 2-2 draw out it, it'd be a very good result and even this would require something a little special. I really don't see India winning the series at all over 5 Tests, because nobody wins 5 test series away from home!! Home team can stage a comeback at any point while away team tends to start poorly and/or get too weary towards the final tests. It's hard imo.

If India's last series in Australia had a 5th test, I bet the series would have ended 2-2. Australia's last two series in England have ended 2-2 thanks to losing final tests. India's last series in England ended 2-2 after losing final 5th test. It's just easier to secure a 4 match series in comparison.

In last 2 decades, no one has won a 5 test series away from home besides England in Australia in 2010/11 (3-1). That was a very special effort. So again, a 2-2 scoreline over 5 Tests would be a great result for India.