• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England vs Sri Lanka 21st August-10th September 2024

Howe_zat

Audio File
I was actually going to an event in Leeds today and it's been cancelled because of the wind.

1724401757977.png

Not especially fun conditions for either side to play test cricket in either. Big crosswinds do help move the ball off the straight and make things unpredictable for the batters, but also knacker you out in the field.

Chin Music

State Vice-Captain
Hugely mediocre so far from Sri Lanka this morning. I felt they preyed well on the weaknesses of England players yesterday. Asitha’s bowling to Duckett and Pope being a good example. But these first few overs have allowed some rather easy runs.

I am often critical of careless dismissals,but I thought nearly all the batsmen for England were got out. A fair chance that their good work goes up in smoke if they don’t pick up soon.

LangleyburyCCPlayer

U19 Vice-Captain
Hugely mediocre so far from Sri Lanka this morning. I felt they preyed well on the weaknesses of England players yesterday. Asitha’s bowling to Duckett and Pope being a good example. But these first few overs have allowed some rather easy runs.

I am often critical of careless dismissals,but I thought nearly all the batsmen for England were got out. A fair chance that their good work goes up in smoke if they don’t pick up soon.
Lawrence’s dismissal was very strange to me, a tentative poke, not like him and not very Bazball!

CartyDurham

International Captain
afternoon all

Fantastic innings by Smith again :clapping::clapping:

this one looks out to me off Atkinson but the lead is getting dangerous now for Sri Lanka