• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Windies Team Discussion, and Other Related Things Thread

Silver Silva

International Debutant
The criteria for search is there. Players who have played from 1 to 15 tests.
Ohh well that's not so impressive bro , I mean there's a reason why most of those guys didn't play more than 15 tests , you should stack him up against what the GOATS had after their first 15 tests

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
MOOOOO

Okay Im a say WI's top 6 is

Marshall, Holding, Garner, Walsh,Ambrose and Roberts

After 15 Tests :

Marshall - 45
Holding- 65
Garner - 79
Walsh - 56
Ambrose - 58
Roberts- 75

Seales is on 60 which puts him in the GOAT category of 15 test pacers DAMN
I prefer not to compare the legends of cricket with current players, which is why I chose to focus on players with 15 or fewer matches to gauge where Seales stands.

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant

LangleyburyCCPlayee

U19 Cricketer
WICB

If I were the West Indies I would try to go down the recruiting route like what England, NZ and associates do, there are so many talented batsmen in Asia that don't get the chance to play international cricket because of the amount of competition , also the players with Caribbean links scattered all over the World , gotta think outside the box
How many players from other countries would settle in the West Indies to play for the Test team though? It has worked for England because playing Test cricket for England (and even county cricket) is more lucrative than playing in their home countries, and for the most part, I think most immigrant players in associate teams have moved there for non-cricketing reasons. I don’t know what the rules are for recruiting heritage players (do they have to go through a residency period?) but in any case, there are far fewer players of West Indian heritage in England compared with in the past

SillyCowCorner1

WICB

If I were the West Indies I would try to go down the recruiting route like what England, NZ and associates do, there are so many talented batsmen in Asia that don't get the chance to play international cricket because of the amount of competition , also the players with Caribbean links scattered all over the World , gotta think outside the box
I don't it works like this.

Many Bajan players are moving to England where the conditions are more favorable, while those not selected often emigrate to North America.

It seems that no one is interested in joining our team anymore. Brendan Nash was the last to do so.

Man, we can't even get Daniel Doram (St Maarten -> Netherlands)

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
I don't it works like this.

Many Bajan players are moving to England where the conditions are more favorable, while those not selected often emigrate to North America.

It seems that no one is interested in joining our team anymore. Brendan Nash was the last to do so.

Man, we can't even get Daniel Doram (St Maarten -> Netherlands)
How much is it down to your board being a nightmare to work with rather than the Caribbean being an unattractive destination ?

We've seen it in the past, many a cricketer has clashed with the board ..
A good PR and negotiating team should not be hard to implement , I mean a guy like Sarwan who was playing cricket before T20 was popular retired at 31 because of differences with the board , Darren Bravos best format is Test cricket yet he's had issues , same with a hundred other players ..
You fix that and get a good scouting team going, then you relax certain conditions like it being compulsory to play in WI's FC championship , if the player is playing in England and his county side is happy to work out an arrangement he can stay there and play his FC cricket , maybe that was the stumbling block in recruiting Bell Drummond for example ..

SillyCowCorner1

How much is it down to your board being a nightmare to work with rather than the Caribbean being an unattractive destination ?

We've seen it in the past, many a cricketer has clashed with the board ..
A good PR and negotiating team should not be hard to implement , I mean a guy like Sarwan who was playing cricket before T20 was popular retired at 31 because of differences with the board , Darren Bravos best format is Test cricket yet he's had issues , same with a hundred other players ..
You fix that and get a good scouting team going, then you relax certain conditions like it being compulsory to play in WI's FC championship , if the player is playing in England and his county side is happy to work out an arrangement he can stay there and play his FC cricket , maybe that was the stumbling block in recruiting Bell Drummond for example ..
I think you may have to update the current climate of CWI. It is so much a better run organization.

What we are lacking in is primarily the funds to run this rather complex cricket board which comprises multiple nations (yes, nations with their own cricket boards)

Im opening up a can of worms here…

Aritro

International Regular
MOOOOO

Okay Im a say WI's top 6 is

Marshall, Holding, Garner, Walsh,Ambrose and Roberts

After 15 Tests :

Marshall - 45
Holding- 65
Garner - 79
Walsh - 56
Ambrose - 58
Roberts- 75

Seales is on 60 which puts him in the GOAT category of 15 test pacers DAMN
Did Marshall not get good til later?

WICFan

State 12th Man
Shannon Gabriel has announced his retirement from International cricket, he will continue to play in domestic and franchise competitions.

I think his chances of an International return were already long gone tbh.

SillyCowCorner1

Farewell bro.

He made many memories on the cricket field, some very controversial (see his sledge towards Joe ‘Gentle’ Root), and some very comedic…but I will always remember him for knocking Dom Sibley’s off stump out of the ground, in what was the first international wicket in the post-Covid era.

*(post-lockdown, probably?)

We won that test

ImpatientLime

International Regular
Gabriel was legit world class for a short while but boy I don't remember too many fast bowlers in my time that made bowling look like such hard work.

SillyCowCorner1

He had a great peak, but aside from that he was erratic, bowled a ton of no-balls, and couldn't give a rat's a$s about the over rate.

But, he gave us the memories.