• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Emerging Nations Cricket Thread

mackembhoy

International Regular
Samoa's Darius Visser hit 6 6s in an over in a T20 match v Vanuatu. There were also 3 no balls and the over from Nalin Napiko cost 39.
Despite Visser hitting 132 off 62 balls, Samoa only managed 174 and won by just ten runs. He scored 132/156 runs while he was at the crease.
As much as I'm all for spreading the game.

I don't really like that these games count towards the record books. Like the quality will be less than what you'd get in a club game in some countries.

Ali TT

International Regular
As much as I'm all for spreading the game.

I don't really like that these games count towards the record books. Like the quality will be less than what you'd get in a club game in some countries.
Way less. But if it was football then it'd still be an international. Treating countries equally at least gives some validation to efforts to expand the sport in that country.

mackembhoy

International Regular
Way less. But if it was football then it'd still be an international. Treating countries equally at least gives some validation to efforts to expand the sport in that country.
I guess there is no other way of doing it to be fair. Just a grumble for fans of stats :laugh:

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Looks like it's kicking off with Cricket Kenya's board. Treasurer suspended on suspicion of misusing funds

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Kenya have hired former India test cricketer Dodda Ganesh as head coach.

And the board gave disowned him, two weeks before World Cup Qualifiers begin in Nairobi

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Great hitting by UAE yesterday against Namibia. They ve been going on a bad run for quite some time and at the bottom of the league 2 table right now, so a win will be good for them.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
USA have suddenly become a super strong associate team now. Been winning all their matches with the influx of new Canada and South Africa players into the team. Corey Anderson and Unmukt Chand are struggling to get into the squad. Regular stars like Steven Taylor, Monank, Aaron Jones and Netravalkar are all playing on rotation basis.

Silver Silva

International Regular
USA have suddenly become a super strong associate team now. Been winning all their matches with the influx of new Canada and South Africa players into the team. Corey Anderson and Unmukt Chand are struggling to get into the squad. Regular stars like Steven Taylor, Monank, Aaron Jones and Netravalkar are all playing on rotation basis.
Team looking like an IPL franchise

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Steven Taylor was the only American in the USA team and now they have dropped him from the squad due to poor form. That's sad. Big fan of him. Hope he comes back strongly.

sithb

Cricket Spectator
I don't think Netravalkar has gotten US citizenship yet.

It's funny though. You would think he would get a citizenship to represent a country