• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England vs Sri Lanka 21st August-10th September 2024

Hungry Llama

U19 12th Man

LOL
I dont like the term attack leader, it brings to mind those thugs in the riots or 1 of those vicious dogs crim types wander around with.
TMS had a long discussion as to whether Gavaskar had once scored a century left handed, eventually deciding he hadnt.
Must have been a slow day.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Worst touring outfit in cricket history. More entertaining watching a first grade game, even at some swamp like Benson's Lane, than wasting dough watching SL play anywhere away from home. They are the pits. Other countries' Boards file for bankruptcy at the mere thought of them touring, such is the lack of interest and competitiveness. Honestly, the number of times I've given them the benefit of the doubt and gone and watched them, only to see them roll over without a yelp is ****ing horrendous. Sanath the only player worth watching in the sorry history of SL international cricket.

Silver Silva

International Debutant
Worst touring outfit in cricket history. More entertaining watching a first grade game, even at some swamp like Benson's Lane, than wasting dough watching SL play anywhere away from home. They are the pits. Other countries' Boards file for bankruptcy at the mere thought of them touring, such is the lack of interest and competitiveness.
When last did Australia beat England in England ? Maybe when Steve Waugh was playing i think

Burgey

Lord's in 2023 unless I'm mistaken.

When did SL last beat Australia in Australia? In a test match, let alone a series? Pub standard on the road.

Silver Silva

International Debutant
Lord's in 2023 unless I'm mistaken.

When did SL last beat Australia in Australia? In a test match, let alone a series? Pub standard on the road.
I mean in a series , yeah our record in Australia is not good but we are trying our best..

West Indies winning at Gabba gives us hope for the future 🙏

Burgey

Jayasuriya used to routinely belt Aus around in ODIs at the SCG tbf. In all seriousness, I think that surface would still suit SL to some extent in a test but it keeps raining every year at test time here.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
There was some serious turn on offer and very uneven bounce at various points yesterday, and England have a guy who's been averaging 25 with the bat in test's for 5 years set to bat #7 with a weaker than average 8-11. I reckon SL are still in this, especially if they use the overhead properly tomorrow.

flibbertyjibber

There was some serious turn on offer and very uneven bounce at various points yesterday, and England have a guy who's been averaging 25 with the bat in test's for 5 years set to bat #7 with a weaker than average 8-11. I reckon SL are still in this, especially if they use the overhead properly tomorrow.
We could be 100-4 and in serious trouble but just as likely to be 100-1because the bowlers got excited and served pies. Be nice to see a game though...