• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South Africa Tour of the West Indies, AUGUST 6th to 26th, 2024-- 2 TESTS & 3 T20Is

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
Why is holders place in the team getting questioned? Okay he may be too high up the order at no 6 but he still makes plenty of decent contributions. He's a great no 8. He would be in my England xi.
He's not as good as he used to be ..

Since 2022 :

23 wickets in 15 tests @49.09
542 runs in 26 innings @24.64

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is why I am a fan of 5-test series. There is a challenge within a challenge.

Last test match Motie was introduced in the 10th or 11th over. He got smacked hard…looked flat and demotivated at times.

There are lessons to be learned from the previous test…as it builds up to the 4th and 5th tests

SillyCowCorner1

Yep, Fidel was extremely quick. 97mph was his fastest, roughly Mark Wood's pace. I actually thought he was a better bowler when he was bowling outswing at 87 - 90 though. He got carried away.
With great power comes great responsibility…Fidel was better as John Cena

ImpatientLime

International Regular
He's not as good as he used to be ..

Since 2022 :

23 wickets in 15 tests @49.09
542 runs in 26 innings @24.64
holder is undroppable. there isn't another man in the region who would contribute more. that is facts.

kraigg, holder, seales and roach (should be) undroppable. how roach got left out here for a spinner is weird. he would enjoy this deck.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Warrican in front of Motie. Hmmm

Okay, carry on Boss
That spell showed the difference between the two, in my opinion (apart from the last test where Motie was genuinely awful).

Warrican will fire it in accurately all day. But he won't change his pace much, it either turns or goes straight on due to natural variation. In the last test it worked when SA batsmen were trying to get after him. But mostly, he is not the guy you want trying to get out batsmen who are showing good discipline on a wicket that isn't turning much.

Motie will get people like Root and Stokes out with guile and big spin. He is a wicket taker with great variation. I would choose Motie everytime.

SillyCowCorner1

That spell showed the difference between the two, in my opinion (apart from the last test where Motie was genuinely awful).

Warrican will fire it in accurately all day. But he won't change his pace much, it either turns or goes straight on due to natural variation. In the last test it worked when SA batsmen were trying to get after him. But mostly, he is not the guy you want trying to get out batsmen who are showing good discipline on a wicket that isn't turning much.

Motie will get people like Root and Stokes out with guile and big spin. He is a wicket taker with great variation. I would choose Motie everytime.
Good analysis. Kraigg saw the opening and his boy into the ascendency over Motie. Pecking order just changed!