• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Road to India in Australia 2024-25

Xix2565

International Regular
Honestly I would love it if Hardik came back to Tests, but there's no point if the likelihood is basically #Punished. He's not exactly the most durable player even in the shorter formats.

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
They need Harshit Rana as the hit the deck option who can bat at no 8 and slog.

Perhaps groom Nitish Reddy for that Perth test as 4th pace bowling option

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Complete BS.

It's going to be 4-0 or 5-0 to Australia
I think we're still good enough to at least take a game off Australia, who look quite strong but are far from unbeatable. Unless Gambhir is a hopeless coach we shouldn't get completely steamrolled.

Slifer

International Captain
Over 5 tests, imo it could go either way with Australia being slight favorites. Imo 3-2 scoreline for Australia seems fair.

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
Australia struggled at home against Pakistan (who should have won at least 1 game) and Windies. Even in NZ their batting kinda exposed itself.
Most of their batters are on the wrong end of the 30's except Head and Marnus is having poor last 12 months or so.
I suspect it could be a Tight series.
For India Jaiswal And Rohit are key.

India needs to find or groom Harshit Rana as their 4th pacer & maybe even a Fast bowling All rounder Reddy perhaps

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
I think we're still good enough to at least take a game off Australia, who look quite strong but are far from unbeatable. Unless Gambhir is a hopeless coach we shouldn't get completely steamrolled.
Did you not receive the toolkit?

Test fan

U19 Vice-Captain
Its a long series so india need to take care of bumrah and Shami. I don't think bumrah is needed against Bangladesh and NZ at home so better just Play 1 test in both series to prepare for down under.
India playing 11 for Perth test
Jaiswal
Rohit
Gill
Kohli
Rahul
Pant
Jadeja
Akashdeep/ Harshit rana
Siraj
Shami
Bumrah

Burgey

Australia struggled at home against Pakistan (who should have won at least 1 game) and Windies. Even in NZ their batting kinda exposed itself.
Most of their batters are on the wrong end of the 30's except Head and Marnus is having poor last 12 months or so.
I suspect it could be a Tight series.
For India Jaiswal And Rohit are key.

India needs to find or groom Har**** Rana as their 4th pacer & maybe even a Fast bowling All rounder Reddy perhaps
Yeah Australia's batting is more fragile than India's which isn't that great itself. Aus ideally needs an opener who's not Marcus Harris to knock the door down at the start of the Shield season so Smith can go back to four and Green can move back to five with Head at six, or vice versa. MMarsh has done a great job but he's more likely than not to revert to mean and not perform well at all against a good Indian pace attack which is a lot better than the dross England invariably dishes up owing to their climatic and genetic inferiority.

If Aus find another opener who performs even servicably and Smith goes back to four, I think they will win pretty well with it being at home. But if Smith stays at opener and they run with the same middle order as last summer, I reckon they'll end up being beaten.

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
hope we unleash mayank yadav at perth
Mayank probably can't bowl long spells yet. His body needs to be matured enough to be test standard. T20s and ODIs should be ideal for his progression

Harshit Rana imo is ready. He can bowl around 145k as well.

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
Yeah Australia's batting is more fragile than India's which isn't that great itself. Aus ideally needs an opener who's not Marcus Harris to knock the door down at the start of the Shield season so Smith can go back to four and Green can move back to five with Head at six, or vice versa. MMarsh has done a great job but he's more likely than not to revert to mean and not perform well at all against a good Indian pace attack which is a lot better than the dross England invariably dishes up owing to their climatic and genetic inferiority.

If Aus find another opener who performs even servicably and Smith goes back to four, I think they will win pretty well with it being at home. But if Smith stays at opener and they run with the same middle order as last summer, I reckon they'll end up being beaten.
Reckon they won't drop Marsh straight up as he hasn't done too bad at all. They will bank a lot on Green in Middle order who I think could be the best batter for them this series.
Fitting Marsh and Green in middle order opens up a possibility to let Head open as well.
That being said Smith in all likelihood will open in Perth.
Idk what's the status with Puckvoski and Henry Hunt tho.

Burgey

Puckovski has all but retired I think. Hunt didn't have a great Shield season last year iirc. He and guys like Whiteman really had a chance to stake a claim knowing Warner was retiring, but they didn't really do so.

Test fan

U19 Vice-Captain

Look at desperation of Australian to win a series against india after a decade .

Ponting clearly want to win so giving rubbish Idea to select pathetic bowlers .

Harshit Rana , akashdeep is way better than him .

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year

Green moving from 6 to 4 was like the only positive we had last home summer bar marsh and a massive move in the right direction given the age/form of most of the line-up. Moving Green back down to a position we know doesn't suit him and dropping marsh to accommodate a declining Smith is just silly.

TheJediBrah

Green had one great innings, and is obviously still a big bet for the future. But Marsh has been the far better bat for the last year. In fact he's been pretty much our best batsman. If he fails and "reverts to mean" then he can be let go, sure, but talking about it now as if it's an inevitability is questionable.