• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South Africa Tour of the West Indies, AUGUST 6th to 26th, 2024-- 2 TESTS & 3 T20Is

CartyDurham

International Captain
Off topic but Tom Cruise has just jumped off a stadium roof in Paris :D Now he’s nicked the Olympic flag and driven off on a motor bike through the streets of gay Paris, onto a plane and then parachute down to LA with the flag

simples

LangleyburyCCPlayee

U19 Cricketer
Nothing wrong with a draw for the West Indies.

Hopefully they play a bit better in the next test

just had a Cricinfo alert giving Maharaj motm
All the top 6 managed to get in, only Athanaze passed 42, England away was always going to be a challenge as they’d played such little long-format cricket, and they got away with it here with the weather playing havoc, but they really must start making big scores

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Now that was a far better batting performance. I feel we're at our best when the run rate is between 3.5 and 4, it seems a good rhythm for us. At Lords and in the first innings here we blocked ourselves into a hole. They should use that as a template moving forward.

Also good to see a proper, high class test match innings from Athanaze. Didn't think any of our guys had it in them, so that cheered me up.

The reality is we lose without rain though, so we need to do this in the first innings in the second test. Oh and please play Shamar, that pace attack was too slow.

SeamUp

International Coach
I feel we have to select a better bowling attack in Guyana , at times it felt like we were only using two bowlers to pick up wickets ..

Drop Rickelton, move Mulder to no.6 .. Get Piedt in there and I'd drop Ngidi for Burger.

3 seamers , 2 spinners
I honestly wouldn't even consider Mulder's bowling. They must just decide who the better batsman between Rickelton and Mulder is and go with him at 6.