• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South Africa Tour of the West Indies, AUGUST 6th to 26th, 2024-- 2 TESTS & 3 T20Is

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's so weak. Embarrassingly so. I'm royally pissed after today. Thank God it was only one session.
Take it easy my bro. This is a team that shows that mediocrity is okay. The few bright spots lie with the bowling. A great coach and support staff are those who extract the best out of their players

Also, having a cohesive unit helps.

Also, also, Jason Holder is not a ****ing number 6

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
I’ve been ranting so much. I love cricket. I love my team. I am also gonna call out the ****sh!t
It's not too much to ask to want the most talented batsmen we have to actually play test cricket and to have some batsmen capable of playing a match setting or defining innings.

I think we've just put up with too much crap and we're running out of patience.

SillyCowCorner1

It's not too much to ask to want the most talented batsmen we have to actually play test cricket and to have some batsmen capable of playing a match setting or defining innings.

I think we've just put up with too much crap and we're running out of patience.
This problem elicits a simple fix.

Those dudes who are talented to the brim are most often than not commit to cricket that poses the easier challenge to them. I don’t blame them; eat the food and mek the money.

I have a principle as to not call them world class at all. Running away from the bestest of the test.

The only all format batsman in the West Indies is Alick Athanaze..: hahahaha let that sink in.

SeamUp

International Coach
This. It's about balance. We have a team of plodders who can't even turn over the strike.

Our batting here has been meek and pathetic, no other words for it. If there were even 3 days full play here we would lose. I don't think it's good enough at home. It's one thing at Lords with no practice. There's no excuse to be made here.
Yeah. It does become a question of quality. Which I have been fighting with my team in recent years which is a new feeling.

Tempo is everything too. You might be a more circumspect batsman but if you have the quality it won't be the same 'plodding' and getting out consistently. There should be times you scoring more freely & whilst having a mixed tempo for conditions/game situations you still producing substance.

WpGuy

U19 Cricketer
Yeah. It does become a question of quality. Which I have been fighting with my team in recent years which is a new feeling.

Tempo is everything too. You might be a more circumspect batsman but if you have the quality it won't be the same 'plodding' and getting out consistently. There should be times you scoring more freely & whilst having a mixed tempo for conditions/game situations you still producing substance.
Kallis was king at tempo .

SillyCowCorner1

Soft dismissal for Zorzi. The lead is over 200. Their innings shouldn't last much longer. Maybe, they are going to bat until lunch.