• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official 2024 Olympics Thread***

Ali TT

International Regular
Ami from Japan v Lithuania's Nicka in the final and it's gold for Ami.

Not sure this is an Olympic sport but it looks good fun. Certainly a long way from 1970s the Bronx

Tom Flint

International Regular
Ami from Japan v Lithuania's Nicka in the final and it's gold for Ami.

Not sure this is an Olympic sport but it looks good fun. Certainly a long way from 1970s the Bronx
I just watched the highlights of this. Surely there are better breakdancers than this in the world. But they probably are doing it on the street rather than for a club therefore not going through qualifications. I've seen much better in many music videos

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I just wish Tubby was commentating on that.
Commentating should be as colorful as the dancing.

There was a Latvian (or Lithuanian?) 17 year old girl with a durag on bring on her break…apparently goes by the street name of B-Girl Nicka (I $hit you not).
She won the silver medal.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Medals at 5 consecutive Olympics in the women's shot put for NZ, with Maddi Wesche claiming silver.
Another really pleasant surprise after she came sixth in Tokyo and got bronze in the 2022 Commonwealth Games. Awesome to see such a big step forward.

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
I believe breaking is in the Olympics for the first and (thankfully) last time.

I also think the team rhythmic gymnastics (5 or so contestants performing with hoops, ribbons, balls etc) belong in the Cirque de Soleil rather than the Olympics.

Unless it fits the Olympic motto of "Faster, Higher, Stronger" it's hard to justify the inclusion of certain 'sports'.