• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official 2024 Olympics Thread***

Ali TT

International Regular
Lol a false start in the men's k4 canoe sprint. Couldn't think of a worse event to have an FS, takes the boats ten minutes to paddle back around to the start. Think this is the one the kiwis did the dodgy practice in qualification to get into (resulting with two of team looking like right numpties in the c1 pairs earlier this week)

Spark

Global Moderator
Lol a false start in the men's k4 canoe sprint. Couldn't think of a worse event to have an FS, takes the boats ten minutes to paddle back around to the start. Think this is the one the kiwis did the dodgy practice in qualification to get into (resulting with two of team looking like right numpties in the c1 pairs earlier this week)
Hell of a race this turned out to be

Ali TT

International Regular
Some race. This time Australia coming inches short, with Germany taking the gold.

NZ last by a long way, what a joke. Very deserved with the trick they pulled to get into the competition.

Molehill

International Captain
An unusual event in this Olympics, Aus getting pipped on the line by the Germans.

Ali TT

International Regular
An idea why there's no GB entry in this sport? I thought we used to pick up the odd medal in it.
No boats. Just reading that they removed the 200m event, which was a stronger event for us (golds in London and Rio, plus one over 1000m in Beijing). It's never been a big competition for us.

Sailing seems to be a much bigger disappointment this games though. We usually rack up medals in the sea.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Some race. This time Australia coming inches short, with Germany taking the gold.

NZ last by a long way, what a joke. Very deserved with the trick they pulled to get into the competition.
They were actually only 0.2 seconds behind the seventh placed boat. The question for me is why they had to pull those kind of shenanigans to qualify in the first place. They made the final in a highly competitive field.

Hungry Llama

U19 12th Man
If I had £1 for evry time they say Katarina Johnson Thompson on the BBC during the next 3 days I would get
back all the money i've spent financing team GB over the last 20 years.

shortpitched713

International Captain
The Dutch are having a great Olympics, up to 10 golds now and you'd think more to come in Hockey and Cycling at least (plus Femke Bol in 400m Hurdles).
They were really hard up for medals this year. Even sent a pedo. No respect for me for any of their accomplishments this Olympics with that kind of ethos.

Molehill

International Captain
Sailing seems to be a much bigger disappointment this games though. We usually rack up medals in the sea.
Maybe it's the light winds we've struggled in. We do have a medal contender later today, although whether those races takes place seems debatable.

The Sailing in general has just been a bit rubbish. Whilst other sports have flourished, Sailing has had a nightmare.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
They were actually only 0.2 seconds behind the seventh placed boat. The question for me is why they had to pull those kind of shenanigans to qualify in the first place. They made the final in a highly competitive field.
what were these shenanigans? Must have missed this