• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official 2024 Olympics Thread***

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
**** a brick. Just saw someone I went to university with commentating on the Olympics for the BBC! What a blast from the past.

Molehill

International Captain
**** a brick. Just saw someone I went to university with commentating on the Olympics for the BBC! What a blast from the past.
Who's that?

I kept seeing an old school buddy and his family doing some enthusiastic flag waving in the stands before the Sprint Cycling Final yesterday. Haven't seen him for like 30 years (other than Facebook photos).

Spark

Global Moderator
I think the South African climber is proof of this.

Actually, she might have been first on every wall, so she wouldn't have had the chance even if they could. If the others were watching her, it wouldn't have helped them at all. It's hard to climb when you are laughing.
Tbf I actually remember seeing the Australian at Tokyo and she barely made a dent at all, so a lot can change in this sport in a few years evidently

Spark

Global Moderator
False start leading to compete elimination seems a bit unreasonable when you get two runs
Seems like the organisers agree because the guy the commentators all thought would be disqualified was allowed to race his eliminator and won!

Fair to say the loser will be fine with his, er, world record time though.

Ali TT

International Regular
Someone on here posted that they didn't like women hitting each other in the boxing. How about young girls risking serious injury zooming around a concrete basin on a small tray with wheels?

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Someone on here posted that they didn't like women hitting each other in the boxing. How about young girls risking serious injury zooming around a concrete basin on a small tray with wheels?
both things rule

Spark

Global Moderator
I’m sure she was excellent during her career but the colour commentator on the climbing is really proving, again, that being good at sport doesn’t make you a commentator.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Is this the shortest event in the games? I guess technically a dive or firing pistol is shorter but at least you get multiple goes.
at least until we bring in a duelling event, which should happen at LA28

Ali TT

International Regular
First British girl makes it around on the board just, which is quite an achievement watching the others

Molehill

International Captain
If you've already all but qualified for the Final, and have recently recovered from a dislocated shoulder, why risk a 3rd run? Hope Brown is ok, but that didn't seem like the most sensible option.