• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official 2024 Olympics Thread***

Hungry Llama

U19 12th Man
The climbing is really awesome. But I thought the french would win every medal becos they have
people who climb straight up skyscrapers.

Athletics GB not doing well at all. Struggling to even get into the finals. poor Miss Molly

Molehill

International Captain
The judging in the Canoe Slalom Cross is extremely harsh. First a GB canoeist thrown out for seemingly doing the eskimo roll slightly in the wrong place, now a Spanish fella gone for not quite getting his whole head round one gate. Couldn't see a whole lot wrong in either case.

Spark

Global Moderator
The judging in the Canoe Slalom Cross is extremely harsh. First a GB canoeist thrown out for seemingly doing the eskimo roll slightly in the wrong place, now a Spanish fella gone for not quite getting his whole head round one gate. Couldn't see a whole lot wrong in either case.
It's fun but the more I see of this event the less convinced I am it's really ready for primetime. Far too reliant on dumb luck and far too dominated by who gets the cleanest start IMO.

Molehill

International Captain
It's fun but the more I see of this event the less convinced I am it's really ready for primetime. Far too reliant on dumb luck and far too dominated by who gets the cleanest start IMO.
You could kind of argue the same for BMX racing too, it's all over at the first bend. At least there's the opportunity for overtaking in this.

No favourite here, they've kicked out a Frenchman now.

Spark

Global Moderator
Fox dominant in the canoe event, just as everyone predicted before the Games...

EDIT: That race actually proved me wrong, Fox had the worst start but still won comfortably. Mostly because the other three decided to all take the same upstream gate and went full dodgem cars for about five seconds while she just paddled away

Molehill

International Captain
Fox dominant in the canoe event, just as everyone predicted before the Games...

EDIT: That race actually proved me wrong, Fox had the worst start but still won comfortably. Mostly because the other three decided to all take the same upstream gate and went full dodgem cars for about five seconds while she just paddled away
Exactly, if you use a bit of common sense, there are opportunities to overtake. A bit like the BMX, the best two look to be Aus and GB. But this is far more of a lottery.

Number 11

State Regular
It’s definitely a lottery but those elements have been a bit better in the later rounds with better paddlers who are more evenly matched.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
Woods looks a class above IMO. Be a real surprise if she doesn't take the final; probably take some skullduggery

Molehill

International Captain
Woods looks a class above IMO. Be a real surprise if she doesn't take the final; probably take some skullduggery
Not sure, I think there's less between the ladies.

But Clarke looks different level in the Men's, the power he has at the start is amazing. No surprise he's 3 time World Champion.

But this is GB 2024, so now doubt they'll find a way to get silver....

ripper868

International Coach
Noemie Fox with a bit of a Bradbury moment to win her Semi Final, the 3 other competitors going to the left upstream buoy while Fox went right meaning she got down cleanish.

Woods does look a strong favourite for the final though for sure.

Spark

Global Moderator
Not sure, I think there's less between the ladies.

But Clarke looks different level in the Men's, the power he has at the start is amazing. No surprise he's 3 time World Champion.

But this is GB 2024, so now doubt they'll find a way to get silver....
Oh yeah I think it'll take either a miracle or a gargantuan choke for Clarke not to win easily, those races have not looked competitive at all.

Molehill

International Captain
Carnage in the second Men's semi, you could literally see the Frenchman take his eye off the gate wondering how he'd suddenly gone clear in 2nd.

Assuming he gets a half decent start, Clarke should blow them away in the Final as most of the competition has seemingly taken itself out.

ripper868

International Coach
Some reason BBC are 5 minutes behind CW, thats an incredible choke by the Frenchman. Suisse fella blowing up, quite fairly as well, crazy that you can just maneuver the gate to suit.

Spark

Global Moderator
That one absolutely decided in the first ten seconds; mutually assured destruction by the three behind the leader before they even get to the rollover.