• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official 2024 Olympics Thread***

Red_Ink_Squid

Global Moderator
Partner and I have become experts on what they should do and where they're going wrong each time. Never mind the fact that I doubt I could even make it off the ground.
Likewise. I did some extremely low level, recreational climbing almost 20 years ago so feel well placed to judge these Olympians.

Annoying the BBC moved away from it to show the badminton. Nothing against badminton but I was enjoying watching people failing to climb stuff more.

Molehill

International Captain
Likewise. I did some extremely low level, recreational climbing almost 20 years ago so feel well placed to judge these Olympians.

Annoying the BBC moved away from it to show the badminton. Nothing against badminton but I was enjoying watching people failing to climb stuff more.
Fortunately, I have a temporary badminton net that goes up in the garden when the weather is nice (and not windy), so I can offer the expert analysis here....except I'm watching the athletics!!

Meridio

International Regular
The umpire in the current Aus vs China women's hockey game clearly got given a brown envelope with the party stamp on it before the game.

This is not a goal.

Holy ****, they gave it.

This is corrupt.

The short corner decision that led to the even worse decision to award a goal was also really poor.
Just seen this and ummm that's a shocker, it's very clearly hit the Chinese player's body off the keeper

Spark

Global Moderator
Wtf, the Indonesian climber was winning easily but then just didn't hit the button properly?

EDIT: Oh man is the button not working? That would be ****ed if so

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The umpire in the current Aus vs China women's hockey game clearly got given a brown envelope with the party stamp on it before the game.

This is not a goal.

Holy ****, they gave it.

This is corrupt.

The short corner decision that led to the even worse decision to award a goal was also really poor.
Video umpire was a Pom.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Controversy in the speed climbing - seems like one of the buttons at the top might not be working.

Ali TT

International Regular
What on earth is happening on the balance beam
That delay on scoring Biles was so sus. You just know they were chatting with each other and saying "can we really give Biles 13.1?" "Yes, she fell off!" "But it's Simone Biles!?"

Spark

Global Moderator
Really impressive by the Chinese girl to come back after all that mess and put up an Olympic record time in the speed climbing. Can't be easy to hold your nerve after that chaos

EDIT: Same from the Indonesian climber! They must be big mad lol

Red_Ink_Squid

Global Moderator
Some excellent coms by BBC in the beach volleyball. The commentator clearly only knew the name of one of the women. Throughout the game he was referring to her by name any time she did anything. Meanwhile anytime either of the Spanish ladies did anything he'd say "good work by the Spaniard" and any time the other Dutch lady was involved ...he didn't say anything at all because he didn't seem to know the pronoun for a single Dutch person.

Hungry Llama

U19 12th Man
They’ve had a few NBA players but most are children of immigrants or temporary residents

Luol Deng was a Sudanese refugee who now supports basketball in that country

OG Anunoby moved to the USA when he was 4 but now owns a stake in the London team

Generally a few years behind other European countries in terms of development but popularity is exploding everywhere so will probably do so in UK
GB have only competed in olympic basketball when theyve hosted the games, last time in 2012 when they only managed to beat china.
After similar perfs in eurobasket [sic] their lotto funding was withdrawn. Since then i think theyve only beaten germany.