• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Graham Thorpe dies aged 55

ImpatientLime

International Regular

in a time when England were utterly dismal, he always stood out to me as the one truly consistent world class batsman.

his performances in Sri Lanka 2001 v Murali are the stuff of legend. also his one boundary century away in the same winter v Pakistan and the excellent 2004 dig away in the Caribbean when all fell around him.

tragic news.

Chin Music

State Vice-Captain
Really, really sad news. I think it was known that he was unwell for a while but even so, no age at all. Admired him a whole lot more than some players as his ability to dig deep against the highest class bowling was something else.

Chubb

International Regular
Very sad, one of the top batsmen in England when I was growing up, remember his partnership with Nasser against Aus in 1997, and his comeback ton v SA in 2003.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
No news was never going to be good news in this case

Top player & underrated by many

Ali TT

International Regular
That's so sad to hear. Probably England's best bat between Gooch and KP. Listening on the radio to his series-winning 119 at Bridgetown, when the next highest score in the innings was 19(!) will be a cricketing memory that lasts long for me. Low key one of the great England innings of all time.

ImpatientLime

International Regular
That's so sad to hear. Probably England's best bat between Gooch and KP. Listening on the radio to his series-winning 119 at Bridgetown, when the next highest score in the innings was 19(!) will be a cricketing memory that lasts long for me. Low key one of the great England innings of all time.
was an odd series because edwards and best were not great or even good bowlers by any means but they both bowled some real heat on that tour. agreed was a fantastic knock.