• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official 2024 Olympics Thread***

Number 11

State Regular
That was the first time I've seen the racer ahead at the roll over not win..and there no tension cause the top two were miles ahead anyway.

Number 11

State Regular
Good 1v2 tussle in that one. It’s almost like they need to make it winner takes all because half the time 1 and 2 just coast and don’t contest each other at all. But the other half, 1 just streaks away which would make it pretty boring if 2nd doesn’t go through.

weeman27bob

International Vice-Captain
Good fightback from the Andorran there, she was fell off the pace at the start

And a nice 3rd and 4th for Team GB in the vault final. Fractions of a point in it again, another really close final

Heboric

International Debutant
Im no olympic level athlete but surely you shouldnt be wearing a baseball cap backwards during a sprint event. You might look fly but i dunno :confused1:confused1

weeman27bob

International Vice-Captain
Not bad from Team GB in the pool as a whole with 1 gold and 4 silvers, three of them by the slimmest of margins. Hopefully we can see a few stronger female swimmers come through in the next Olympic cycle as well, although always going to be hard to compete with Australia + US

Ali TT

International Regular
A bit of a frustrating weekend for Team GB with some close calls and a few flops. A number of fourths too.

Hungry Llama

U19 12th Man
Having to say Great Britain and Northern Ireland is quite a mouthful especially sevral times during a race.
That strip the athletes wearing looks more black than navy on my tv, rather funereal and not that lucky for us so far.
They are bigging up Matt HS like anything, but i cant help thinking that his best chance of gold was to have
run in the mixed relay.

BBC made a real mess of the womens high jump. Seems everybody was jumping 1.95, then when they came
back after so much talk and videos on kerr/keely/100m, there was only manochick and the mad ozzer plus they
got the heights wrong.

And have GB +NI managed to beat oz at anything so far? seems like the ashes down under so far.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Does GB do basketball at all? I'd have thought it would be pretty popular over there but I can't recall seeing them feature much, if at all, in international competition, or hear much about anyone from the UK making it to the NBA (albeit I'm a very casual observer tbf).

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Does GB do basketball at all? I'd have thought it would be pretty popular over there but I can't recall seeing them feature much, if at all, in international competition, or hear much about anyone from the UK making it to the NBA (albeit I'm a very casual observer tbf).
Don’t think it’s that popular over there. The timing of the games would make it a difficult follow I think