• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies Tour of England, JULY 9th to 25th, 2024-- 3 TEST MATCHES

the big bambino

International Captain
Lol, yeah that post was really reaching. Australia lost because of an exceptional individual performance from Shamar. There really is no need to try look for an excuse for that loss.

Shamar wasn't fully fit in England so didn't look like he'd be doing the same to them.
Are you sure about that - I mean he had 3 tests. How many of them can he use on that excuse?

He’s a young bowler and he’ll be inconsistent but the issue remains the team. The same problems occurred for the WI in this series and you were fooled if you thought a win against an indifferent Australia resolved them.

reyrey

U19 Vice-Captain
Are you sure about that - I mean he had 3 tests. How many of them can he use on that excuse?

He’s a young bowler and he’ll be inconsistent but the issue remains the team. The same problems occurred for the WI in this series and you were fooled if you thought a win against an indifferent Australia resolved them.
Yeah he had a hamstring issue. Definitely wasn't 100%, probably not even 90% for one of those games.

the big bambino

International Captain
Yeah he had a hamstring issue. Definitely wasn't 100%, probably not even 90% for one of those games.
He played all three tests. He was fine. But listen to yourself. Joseph was “unfit” despite playing 3 tests,

But Australia after winning the 3 trophies they had targeted and several months on the road, were just as motivated and fresh for such “high profile” series against Pakistan and the WI.

Seriously?

Last edited:

reyrey

U19 Vice-Captain
He played all three tests. He was fine. But listen to yourself. Joseph was “unfit” despite playing 3 tests,

But Australia after winning the 3 trophies they had targeted and several months on the road, were just as motivated and fresh for such “high profile” series against Pakistan and the WI.

Seriously?
Go practice how to quote. I said he wasn't "fully fit" not "unfit" as you quoted.

Not my fault if you're slow and don't understand the difference.

Last edited:

Beamer

International Vice-Captain

Seriously?
Shamar came into the Australia series with a home 4 day season, an A team series against South Africa and a warm up in Australia behind him. He took bucket loads of wickets in all of those.

In England he had just spent 4 months sitting on the bench in white ball squads, missed the warm up due to a storm delaying his flight and then got flu before the third test.

So really night and day in terms of preparation and form.

the big bambino

International Captain
Go practice how to quote. I said he wasn't "fully fit" not "unfit" as you quoted.

Not my fault if you're slow and don't understand the difference.
I put that in quotation marks to denote sarcasm, dummy.

He was fit enough to play making your pedantic and self serving distinction irrelevant.

reyrey

U19 Vice-Captain

He was fit enough to play making your pedantic and self serving distinction irrelevant.
Nothing to do with being pedantic. They mean 2 different things.

As I said it's not my fault that you're slow and don't understand the difference not fully fit and unfit and get confused by their use.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Can you just shut up? Not everything needs to be coloured by your jaundice.
Remember when you bawled like an infant 2 tests into an Ashes beating and left the forum until it was well over?
word ... what an infant.
Whaaabino just doing what whaaabino does here folks.

the big bambino

International Captain
Nothing to do with being pedantic. They mean 2 different things.

As I said it's not my fault that you're slow and don't understand the difference not fully fit and unfit and get confused by their use.
Shoosh fool. You liked the post below! You've shot yourself in the foot while shooting off your mouth.

Shamar came into the Australia series with a home 4 day season, an A team series against South Africa and a warm up in Australia behind him. He took bucket loads of wickets in all of those.

In England he had just spent 4 months sitting on the bench in white ball squads, missed the warm up due to a storm delaying his flight and then got flu before the third test.

So really night and day in terms of preparation and form.
True; but we all understand this is a feature of modern cricket and Joseph did have 3 test matches to show something. Nonetheless (and illustrating your point) Seales out performed Joseph indicating his cc experience proved beneficial. I wonder what preparation your team had prior to the series? Lack of preparation could explain the side's efforts, not just Joseph. Which leads to the following.

It seems CW is willing to accept reasons for some poor performances but call them excuses in other circumstances. So Joseph's lack of prep explains his poor form and no one argues. Yet team and player fatigue effects performance and motivation and that isn't controversial either - normally ... For eg can you imagine if some jackass programmed provincial swimming trials 2 weeks after the Olympics and obliging Leon Marchand to compete? How focused or motivated do you think he'd be? Cricket is a year round circus. There's no time for a team that has won a WTC, Ashes and CWC to rest up. Rather they get back home to play 2 series that are much lower profile than those they've just won. Their performance has to drop off at some point. It's not an excuse for their loss but it is a reason. Any honest appraisal by the WI of their win in Australia should acknowledge that circumstance. Particularly after meeting an eager English team while some of their own players lacked preparation.

CW has a lot of arseholes whose ignorance of cricket and its past is profound. They use cricket as an avatar for their own national and racial insecurities. They even spill over in player comparison threads and accuse people of disrespecting their favourite if they don't vote for them. It's impossible to engage such irrational sensitivity. While adders is the worst I can provide examples of others if asked. The outcome is that you can't discuss anything meaningful with them. Venture a reason for a performance and they immediately project their own insecurities onto you. But as you've said there are reasons that can explain poor performance and it is amusing seeing some dim bulbs approve of your example yet call any other circumstance over reaching.

reyrey

U19 Vice-Captain
Shoosh fool. You liked the post below! You've shot yourself in the foot while shooting off your mouth.
Stop embarrassing yourself. Can't believe I have to explain that to a grown adult

The post I liked references bowling fitness and how Shamar didn't have a chance to get bowling fit. This just backs up my claim he wasn't fully fit. He wasn't bowling fit, he had hamstring issues which he was constantly stretching out and getting treatment for, and he was dealing with a viral infection.

Have you ever done any kinda physical training for anything as you seem really are clueless on this issue?

the big bambino

International Captain
It’s a side issue to the point I was making. I just grouped them all together for convenience and relying on readers to make the adjustment for themselves.

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant

Shamar Joseph was definitely not fully fit , pulled out of spells with hamstring issues a couple of times and his speeds weren't as high as they were in Australia