• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official 2024 Olympics Thread***

weeman27bob

International Vice-Captain
Comfortably through for Joe Clarke in the Kayak cross. So far ahead of everyone else in the heat that they started to show everyone else instead.

weeman27bob

It's interesting how much worse Team GB's medallist in the C1 (i.e. just one end has a paddle on) is at the kayak cross when someone like Jess Fox is so good at both.

weeman27bob

Women's uneven bars final maybe not quite as high quality as the rings so far - two athletes of the first four have fallen off, including GB's Becky Downie who was looking so good before that.

Spark

Global Moderator
Minor choke from the Chilean shooter, should have sealed the gold there but missed 3 of the last 10

Spark

Global Moderator
Oh the British shooter has been dudded by the ref here

EDIT: Ahhh that's a horrible way to decide it, got to say. Not fair. Clear hit on the replay

weeman27bob

Ah absolutely robbed there.

She seems to be taking it in her stride though, which is great to see. Not sure she'll feel the same way when she sees the replay.

Spark

Global Moderator
Honestly it's hard to get a more obvious case of robbery than that. It's difficult to get a more objective, black and white yes/no decision than "was the target hit or not" and they ****ed it up at the most critical time

weeman27bob

Jess Fox gets a little unlucky in colliding with her sister at the wrong time and goes out of the kayak cross!

weeman27bob

Really feels like those races are decided in the first five seconds
Definitely a lot of the time - although I thought J. Fox was probably back in it until she couldn't get round that red marker in time. Feels like it's still at the stage that if you're a good paddler you can catch up. Not sure that will last to the final though.

Spark

Global Moderator
Definitely a lot of the time - although I thought J. Fox was probably back in it until she couldn't get round that red marker in time. Feels like it's still at the stage that if you're a good paddler you can catch up. Not sure that will last to the final though.
Sure but that was the battle for second, in terms of who wins I literally haven't seen a single race that wasn't decided before the first gate because of how much easier it is if you're in front