• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official 2024 Olympics Thread***

weeman27bob

International Vice-Captain
Another absolutely fantastic day of Olympics action:

You've got Ledecky, Biles and Ryan Crouser showing their class.

Incredibly close finishes in the Team Dressage, St Lucia winning their first ever Olympic medal with gold in the 100m.

Some drama with Warner fouling out in the decathlon pole vault, the Judo tie-breaker match randomly selecting the dominant french competitor and GB's dominant windsurfer only getting bronze.

Great quality gymnastics and two mixed relays to top it off.

God I love the Olympics

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Yeah I've not been this into an Olympics since London 2012 (I think timezones and my renewed love of running are definitely the biggest factors), been a great Games so far.

Victor Ian

International Coach
I don't know what other sports you could feasibly have relays in, but more mixed events in the Olympics please
Climbing. Then it would need an up and down where down is probably slower. It would create great intrigue too as there are quicker ways down if you really want the gold.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah I've not been this into an Olympics since London 2012 (I think timezones and my renewed love of running are definitely the biggest factors), been a great Games so far.
It's not just timezones; this is the most I've enjoyed the Olympics in a long time

Coronis

International Coach
So something stupid I noticed re: the whole women’s boxing thing.

Olympic boxing gives bronze medals to both losing semifinalists

C’mon..

Also I think Khelif’s match completely proves that the Italian chick is just a big baby who didn’t belong there in the first place.

Ali TT

International Regular
So something stupid I noticed re: the whole women’s boxing thing.

Olympic boxing gives bronze medals to both losing semifinalists

C’mon..

Also I think Khelif’s match completely proves that the Italian chick is just a big baby who didn’t belong there in the first place.
Not new. I think the reasoning being that you could, through the normal activity of the sport, be beaten up so badly in a defeat that you couldn't fight again, so unfair to lose out. Taekwondo the same.

Coronis

International Coach
Not new. I think the reasoning being that you could, through the normal activity of the sport, be beaten up so badly in a defeat that you couldn't fight again, so unfair to lose out. Taekwondo the same.
I do get the reasoning but yeah to me if you were beaten that badly then screw you. I guess its a safeguard for if both get beaten so badly they can’t fight again.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
New Zealand are having a mare aren't they? Only 2 golds
Should hopefully have a better second week. Lisa Carrington (five-time gold medallist) and Aimee Fisher (who's beaten her a couple of times lately) have a decent chance of going 1-2 in kayak sprint.

And I feel like most of our lot so far have been doing okay, they've just been beaten by better performances on the day.

Last edited: