• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official 2024 Olympics Thread***

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Woman's badminton final is on. All china affair. The story seems to be the number 1 seeds have won everything but the Olympic gold in their career and now a new team a few years younger than them have stormed onto the scene and threatens to take their place

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
why do they want the cyclocross in the winter olympics, the two best in the world are about to do a duo race for the last 50k for the normal road race gold

Spark

Global Moderator
Bit of a cheat code being able to design a Olympic road race course through the streets of Paris from a spectacle pov

weeman27bob

International Vice-Captain
3 out of 4 kayakers through easily in the kayak cross, but Adam Burgess has a mare and finished a comfortable 4th in his heat

Spark

Global Moderator
Holy **** imagine getting a puncture 3km from the finish of a 270km race when you're cruising to victory. The stress must be out of this world

Molehill

International Captain
Holy **** imagine getting a puncture 3km from the finish of a 270km race when you're cruising to victory. The stress must be out of this world
But still having the balls to stop and pose at the finish line for a truly iconic picture!!

Ali TT

International Regular
Womens 200IM probably sums up the American pool meet this games. Alex Walsh leaving until the last moments when pipped by Canadian teen sensation Summer McIntosh. Then turns out she has been dq'd for an illegal turn.

McIntosh with 3 golds, would be star of the pool if not for a certain French guy.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Talking about carrying on to Paris so that his daughter could watch him compete 😢

Ireland having a strong games, 3 golds with more chances to come
I wonder if there's a few athletes who have gone on one Games too far because they didn't want a COVID games in Tokyo to be their last Olympic memory.

Ali TT

International Regular
I wonder if there's a few athletes who have gone on one Games too far because they didn't want a COVID games in Tokyo to be their last Olympic memory.
Maybe, although in fairness to Whitlock he still came fourth, and helped GB to fourth in the team as well, so he wasn't exactly a spent force but suspect you're right that there are a few.

weeman27bob

International Vice-Captain
Yeah, I think you've got to look at people who were world class athletes in 2021 who aren't now, I'm sure there's some of them but Whitlock definitely isn't one of them.