• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official 2024 Olympics Thread***

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
You're right. They'll still come top.

My recollection though is that they and the Aussies normally dominate the pool which hasn't happened this time.

I do feel they're unusually low in the table even for this stage.
US simply isn’t winning usual number of golds in swimming

Used to have Phelps, relays etc which were a guaranteed 6 or so

Same with Australia

Things are spread around more

Redbacks

International Captain
The Chinese appear to be suggesting failed doping tests are due to imported Australian Beef.

imagine that Australia would run such an elaborate scam :laugh:

Tom Flint

International Regular
Yeah I agree. China have lots of top swimmers now and us will need to dominate even more than usual in athletics to come out on top.

Hungry Llama

U19 12th Man
I thought boxing had been thrown out of the games becos it was so corrupt, i think
its run by a russian from moscow so not a surprise that our boxers lose.

the decision to kick out the IBA was upheld in court. So its a bit surprising to see any boxing.

French are doing very well, hopefully will win over the nation and rat on the saboteurs.

Bitmap

State Vice-Captain
That was an insane double by Leon Marchand. Winning golds in the Fly-Breaststroke combination is unheard-of and he managed to win it in OR times the same night.

Also that 46.4 in 100m Free was wild

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I laughed but didn’t we stringently test every athlete who is representing us here?
We always have and always will. In every sport. We don’t need PEDs to show our sporting superiority.

Which is why you don’t see our athletes have Mark Wood-like increases in pace at the back end of their careers and why Our Cadel is the only non-drug enhanced winner of Le Tour.

Son Of Coco

The Chinese appear to be suggesting failed doping tests are due to imported Australian Beef.

imagine that Australia would run such an elaborate scam :laugh:
I think the reaction to this is the same as the reaction to Chinese swimmers medalling - "Cool story, bro".

The stereotypical lashing out and outrageous storytelling that followed the failed tests being made public is pretty much concrete evidence something dodgy was going on.

WADA sitting in a dark room rubbing one out and seemingly assisting in keeping the whole thing quiet instead of doing its job was also interesting to watch.

social

I think the reaction to this is the same as the reaction to Chinese swimmers medalling - "Cool story, bro".

The stereotypical lashing out and outrageous storytelling that followed the failed tests being made public is pretty much concrete evidence something dodgy was going on.

WADA sitting in a dark room rubbing one out and seemingly assisting in keeping the whole thing quiet instead of doing its job was also interesting to watch.
The most generous interpretation is that there’s been strong suspicion of institutional doping & protection for well over a decade

Many regard Sun Yang as the Lance Armstrong of swimming and then there’s Liu Zige, who holds the 200m butterfly record that nobody has gotten within a second of since 2009

Son Of Coco

The most generous interpretation is that there’s been strong suspicion of institutional doping & protection for well over a decade

Many regard Sun Yang as the Lance Armstrong of swimming and then there’s Liu Zige, who holds the 200m butterfly record that nobody has gotten within a second of since 2009
Apparently the bloke who won the 100m wasn't in the list of swimmers caught up in the latest doping scandal, but he's just smashed the world record (admittedly his own) in a pool that no other swimmer could come close to beating their own or someone else's record in...maybe he is just that good, but China can hardly complain about the negative attention with the record they have.