• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official 2024 Olympics Thread***

weeman27bob

International Vice-Captain
God we were awful in the rugby sevens just then - couldn't tackle, constantly messing up with the ball.

Nowhere near deserving of going through

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
To be fair, I think the live commentary on the BBC is usually pretty reasonable in terms of people who know what's going on, but there is way too much focus on a handful of people who they've decided are the people to focus on, and will have video packages for, at the expense of just trying to let sport tell the stories
They talk too much - no space for the sport to breathe. Watching the women's mountain biking yesterday, the two commentators ceaselessly talked for 90 minutes. About 10% of that was insightful and the remaining 90% was at best banal at worst complete bull****.

Hungry Llama

U19 12th Man
Pidcock had a tough TDF, but amazing recovery regained gold and annoyed the french as well.
Apparently the surfing is in Tahiti. I didnt even know there was surfing in the olympics!
Whatever next, tandem races poll dancing and cricket?

social

Pidcock had a tough TDF, but amazing recovery regained gold and annoyed the french as well.
Apparently the surfing is in Tahiti. I didnt even know there was surfing in the olympics!
Whatever next, tandem races poll dancing and cricket?
Tbf surfing is an incredible sport and that wave in Tahiti is really dangerous

Shame that it’s the other side of the world and pretty irrelevant to the games

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hmm, we're a fair way into the Olympics to still be completely medal-less. :unsure:

The women's sevens team should beat USA and get into the gold medal match, so hopefully they can get us underway.

Still got our most successful Olympian of all time (Lisa Carrington) waiting in the wings too.

Son Of Coco

The skateboarding has been great to watch. I had forgotten how good the Japanese were at it.

The 14 year old from Australia, Chloe Covell, comes from near my hometown. The fact there are so may young athletes on the girl's side is pretty amazing. In assume they are being kept away from the Dutch beach volleyballer.

social

The skateboarding has been great to watch. I had forgotten how good the Japanese were at it.

The 14 year old from Australia, Chloe Covell, comes from near my hometown. The fact there are so may young athletes on the girl's side is pretty amazing. In assume they are being kept away from the Dutch beach volleyballer.
I’m no expert but didn’t think that the preliminaries were a great advertisement for skateboarding

Lots of falls with most attempting the same trick

I know it’s insanely difficult & I would kill myself trying but had much more fun watching an exhibition of it on the Surfers esplanade recently

Son Of Coco

I’m no expert but didn’t think that the preliminaries were a great advertisement for skateboarding

Lots of falls with most attempting the same trick

I know it’s insanely difficult & I would kill myself trying but had much more fun watching an exhibition of it on the Surfers esplanade recently
Yeah, there were a lot of falls. Some of the guys were getting a long way in the air. It's hard to believe they don't hurt themselves.

weeman27bob

International Vice-Captain
Men's Triathlon postponed to tomorrow because the river is too dirty.

Interesting to see if they're going to be able to pull together a back up plan if they can't go tomorrow.

Spikey

there's two skateboarding events and I think the park skateboarding event is what people are expecting when they hear skateboarding at the Olympics

flibbertyjibber

Yeah there are 2 bmx events and the tricks one isn't what I expected. The races on the mad bumpy circuit yes. That is mental. They are crazy.