• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official 2024 Olympics Thread***

Molehill

International Captain
Are you able to make a single post in this thread without coming off arrogant as ****? Christ.
WTF??? Seems a bit aggressive for a Mod.

Whilst you were watching the Korean archers (whatever floats your boat), some of us were watching an unbelievable ride in the mountain bike.

Molehill

International Captain
Kraut spoils Pom v Convict bragging right debate by winning individual horsey stuff
Would've been even more ironic given it was an English horse that the Aussie had only just started riding. The arguments would've been flying all over the place.

Saved by a German!!

Spark

Global Moderator
WTF??? Seems a bit aggressive for a Mod.

Whilst you were watching the Korean archers (whatever floats your boat), some of us were watching an unbelievable ride in the mountain bike.
Just enjoy it without trying to score internet points all the time. You and Burgey have made this thread a really rough read today.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Gee the Poms have been poor so far. Fans would be very very very very disappointed in their reversion to sporting mean after a decade or so of improvement on the back of funding surrounding the London games. The rest of us knew it would never last, but it must be devastating for our English brethren to be going backwards at such an enormous velocity.
2 golds 1 silver and a bronze and Burgey hasn't even filled his colostomy bag since his rant.

Do keep criticising us, you know we will be above you in the medals table at the end.

Spark

Global Moderator
If Turkey don't make it through to the gold medal here because an arrow that would have been a 10 hit dead on the shaft of a previous arrow and deflected into a 9...

EDIT: And so it transpires

Molehill

International Captain
Just enjoy it without trying to score internet points all the time. You and Burgey have made this thread a really rough read today.
If that was the case, why did you not intervene here, rather than when the GB fans are celebrating an ATG cycling ride? Seemed an odd post to react to.....

Gee the Poms have been poor so far. Fans would be very very very very disappointed in their reversion to sporting mean after a decade or so of improvement on the back of funding surrounding the London games. The rest of us knew it would never last, but it must be devastating for our English brethren to be going backwards at such an enormous velocity.

Ali TT

International Regular
If Turkey don't make it through to the gold medal here because an arrow that would have been a 10 hit dead on the shaft of a previous arrow and deflected into a 9...

EDIT: And so it transpires
What actually happened there? What was the decider as didn't they tie the play-off 27-27? Count back on boundaries!? I was only half watching and expecting them to carry on but TV cut to adverts

Peaty tests positive... for COVID-19.

Spark

Global Moderator
What actually happened there? What was the decider as didn't they tie the play-off 27-27? Count back on boundaries!? I was only half watching and expecting them to carry on but TV cut to adverts

Peaty tests positive... for COVID-19.
Decider was who had the closest arrow after the shootout was done. But on the previous thing I'm pretty sure what happened is that the arrow was dead on a previous arrow which was on the 9/10 line (so a 10) but deflected off it to end up as a 9, though it had to get the ol' magnifying glass treatment to confirm.

I actually think that last arrow in that set was after time ran out anyway tbf.

Ali TT

International Regular
Decider was who had the closest arrow after the shootout was done. But on the previous thing I'm pretty sure what happened is that the arrow was dead on a previous arrow which was on the 9/10 line (so a 10) but deflected off it to end up as a 9, though it had to get the ol' magnifying glass treatment to confirm.

I actually think that last arrow in that set was after time ran out anyway tbf.
Is the deflection just bad luck or should the arrow have been scored the same as the one already in the bed? I thought the same about the time.