• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official 2024 Olympics Thread***

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yep. You can at least usually guarantee the equestrians will whip something up for you.
Well ahead in team and 2nd in individual 3 day event going into showjumping today.

Pidcock fav in the mountain biking and Daley might get another diving medal. Plus might sneak a medal in swimming tonight.

Molehill

International Captain
Well ahead in team and 2nd in individual 3 day event going into showjumping today.

Pidcock fav in the mountain biking and Daley might get another diving medal. Plus might sneak a medal in swimming tonight.
No longer well ahead in the Team after the French managed to throw a questionable 15 point penalty on us (guess who is second?).

Pidcock should be a massive fave for the Mountain Bike, having to miss the second half of the TdF due to Covid looks very beneficial now.

Ali TT

International Regular
Looks like an Irish hurling team on summer tour in Paris has got mixed up in the hockey tournament

Chubb

International Regular
Tom Daley has been kicking around for almost as long as Jimmy Anderson, yet still ten years younger than me.
I remember him on the local news in Devon when he was ~10 years old.

Shows the kind of place my home is that he had to be pulled out of school after that because the bullying got so bad. people still make homophobic jokes about him too.

Nasty small minded people have to tear down anyone different and more successful than them.

Molehill

International Captain
I'm watching on mute, but looked like a clear error by one Chinese diver there who hadn't remotely completed his rotation when entering the water. Yet, they get the top score again? How does that work?

Ali TT

International Regular
I'm watching on mute, but looked like a clear error by one Chinese diver there who hadn't remotely completed his rotation when entering the water. Yet, they get the top score again? How does that work?
Cause their minor error a lot smaller than everyone elses.

I like that France have a 40yo professional cliff diver champion (and also ex-Brit). I think his name is pronounced Zha-ree Un

Molehill

International Captain
Looking like a nailed on silver for Daly & Williams at the moment. We keep on finding one too good at the mo, need someone to break the mould and get the golds going.

Spikey

Lmao it's been difficult for the Canadian team to train because their training facility caught fire. guys use the water to put it out!!!

Molehill

International Captain
Cause their minor error a lot smaller than everyone elses.

I like that France have a 40yo professional cliff diver champion (and also ex-Brit). I think his name is pronounced Zha-ree Un
Yeah, to be fair, you can pick up the major errors in the lesser teams straight away - shocker of a dive from the Aussies a while back.

Spikey

Btw for those that don't know, former Australian captain and author of the popular book, Time To Declare, Mark "tubby" Taylor is doing the diving commentary in Australia

Ali TT

International Regular
Lmao it's been difficult for the Canadian team to train because their training facility caught fire. guys use the water to put it out!!!
It's where their women's football team stored the drones and a battery caught fire.

Spikey

Yeah, to be fair, you can pick up the major errors in the lesser teams straight away - shocker of a dive from the Aussies a while back.
One of the teams were totally out of sync just during their run up for the dive lol

Ali TT

International Regular
Btw for those that don't know, former Australian captain and author of the popular book, Time To Declare, Mark "tubby" Taylor is doing the diving commentary in Australia
We've got a former diver called Leon Taylor who's pretty brutal. Called one Australian dive "shonky - a combination of shoddy and wonky"