• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies Tour of England, JULY 9th to 25th, 2024-- 3 TEST MATCHES

BazBall21

International Vice-Captain
Well that was great fun at the end. Both Root and Stokes have a shortage of statpaddy runs so that was nice to see.

Good series win despite some sloppy batting in parts. New man Atkinson did well.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Team of the series: England, probably. Maybe Hodge for Crawley if you want to fudge the batting order a bit, or find room for Seales.
Actually on second thoughts just have Stokes open since he did today.

TOTS: Duckett, Stokes, Pope, Root, Hodge, Brook, Smith, Woakes, Wood, Atkinson, Bashir.

King Kane

International Debutant
A good 3-0 test series win for England but it's not like beating the great West Indies teams of yesteryear so they shouldn't get too carried away.

If this team can win the next Ashes series in Australia then I might sit up and take notice, that will be the real test but they have the team to do it

Smith looks a big upgrade as a keeper batsman and if Wood can stay fit and firing they should be in the mix, Atkinson looks like a likely type too.

Reactions: FBU

Ali TT

International Regular
A good 3-0 test series win for England but it's not like beating the great West Indies teams of yesteryear so they shouldn't get too carried away.

If this team can win the next Ashes series in Australia then I might sit up and take notice, that will be the real test but they have the team to do it

Smith looks a big upgrade as a keeper batsman and if Wood can stay fit and firing they should be in the mix, Atkinson looks like a likely type too.
They've won live test matches in both of the two most recent tours. Forget the ashes, I'll probably take notice if England can go and win over in the Caribbean again, if honest!

Slifer

International Captain
All I know is this, the English media better not start their usual bs of WI not being test standard bla bla bla. WI had their moments this series and nobody expected WI to win the series. As mentioned, the real tests will come in Australia. WI drew there recently and England hasn't won a single test their since...2011.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
All I know is this, the English media better not start their usual bs of WI not being test standard bla bla bla. WI had their moments this series and nobody expected WI to win the series. As mentioned, the real tests will come in Australia. WI drew there recently and England hasn't won a single test their since...2011.
You’ll find no defence of the English media from me but sometimes when I read comments like this on here I wonder if the rest of the world reads things from our press that never reach my eyes.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I trust that Stokes's cowardly decision to promote himself so he can statpad in an unloseable situation has been criticised in this thread. Selfish.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I trust that Stokes's cowardly decision to promote himself so he can statpad in an unloseable situation has been criticised in this thread. Selfish.
Always going to be Stokes in that sort of scenario, just as it was he who jumped to 3 when Moeen was injured at The Oval

Hungry Llama

U19 12th Man
Stokes really seems to have an aversion to playing more than 3 days if he can.

The comms said woody finally got the luck he deserved, but it wasnt so much luck,
instead of bowling short short short almost every fing ball, 60% were length or
full and most directed at the stumps. If he did this every match he'd have taken
twice the no of wkts in his test career. Honorary mention to Bash: bowled
beautifully this morning.

Wots not to like? Baz M saying 'were not driven by results' Again. WTF.

Reactions: FBU

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Well that was a disappointing series for us. We were poor for most of it and then when we did have chances to be in front in the last 2 tests we didn't have it in us to force it home. It's inevitable, I guess, with so little experience in the team and such a poor batting lineup. I don't really care about the Lord's test, the prep before that was disgraceful, so I'm mainly judging us on the last two tests.

But I do think England were very impressive. Atkinson kept things simple and was relentless and that is by far the best I've seen Wood bowl. Woakes is almost always useful in home conditions. Whilst I don't think Bashir is all that and was very disappointed with how we played him, his numbers are certainly impressive.

I will be interested to see who replaces Crawley. I see the openers as a weakness, they displayed some boneheaded decision making that they got away with earlier in the series but not in the first innings here. Better teams, or a fully fit and functioning West Indies attack even, could exploit that.

Smith looks really good, I think he's a keeper (pun intended).

Slifer

International Captain
Well that was a disappointing series for us. We were poor for most of it and then when we did have chances to be in front in the last 2 tests we didn't have it in us to force it home. It's inevitable, I guess, with so little experience in the team and such a poor batting lineup. I don't really care about the Lord's test, the prep before that was disgraceful, so I'm mainly judging us on the last two tests.

But I do think England were very impressive. Atkinson kept things simple and was relentless and that is by far the best I've seen Wood bowl. Woakes is almost always useful in home conditions. Whilst I don't think Bashir is all that and was very disappointed with how we played him, his numbers are certainly impressive.

I will be interested to see who replaces Crawley. I see the openers as a weakness, they displayed some boneheaded decision making that they got away with earlier in the series but not in the first innings here. Better teams, or a fully fit and functioning West Indies attack even, could exploit that.

Smith looks really good, I think he's a keeper (pun intended).
WI imo, really need to pick their best 4 bowlers and stop batting Holder at 6. The batting is too fragile to have him that high and we could use an extra 'competent' batsman. Plus, Holder isn't worth his place in the team on bowling alone anymore.