• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official 2024 Olympics Thread***

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, I think so.

There's been a couple of other fourths in between times by Burmester and Boyle IIRC.

Last edited:

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Cause it was a very queer representation of it. I see iconic American ball kicker Harrison "I look like the guy from Handmaid's Tale, and that's a good thing" Butker has weighed in.

Watching more of the bits I missed with my son this morning and revising my cynicism. Fair dues to the lady who belted out La Marseillaise stood on a roof in the rain while holding a giant Tricolore. Hero of the games already for me.
It wasn't the last supper. Of course, the ****heads commenting about how 'woke' it was are too thick to have an understanding of history outside their own narrow view that everything should be based on their imaginary friend.

social

It wasn't the last supper. Of course, the ****heads commenting about how 'woke' it was are too thick to have an understanding of history outside their own narrow view that everything should be based on their imaginary friend.
Fkn hilarious

Forget about the fact that it’s not even the painting being depicted but wait until the incels discover that the artist of the painting they’re defending was not only allegedly gay but also enjoyed the company of young boys

Not to mention that they mistook Marie Antoinette for Satan and Joan of Arc for a biblical character

Ali TT

International Regular
Fkn hilarious

Forget about the fact that it’s not even the painting being depicted but wait until the incels discover that the artist of the painting they’re defending was not only allegedly gay but also enjoyed the company of young boys

Not to mention that they mistook Marie Antoinette for Satan and Joan of Arc for a biblical character
Also, from Wiki

Art historians hold that the figure is the Apostle John, who appears feminine in line with Leonardo's characteristic fascination with blurring the lines between the ***es, a quality which is found in his other paintings, such as St. John the Baptist.

Chubb

International Regular
Only at the Olympics can you hear the crowd chanting the name of a Malagassy table tennis player as he tries to beat an Egyptian in the round of 64.

His name is Fabio Rakotoarimanana and according to google he’s the first Madagascan to qualify for the Olympics.

He’s probably popular with the crowd because Madagascar was a French colony.

Update: Fabio took a game off his much higher ranked opponent but lost 4-1. He walks out of the stadium to cheers.

Last edited:

Son Of Coco

Also, from Wiki
Not from Wiki:

It was a representation of Dionysius, a Greek god from where the games originated, named after Mt Olympus. The guy in blue was Bacchus after which Bacchanalias are named. The gathering was representative of Greek parties.

Spark

Global Moderator
Absolute scenes in the women's team archery, we got an extra time shoot out that ended up having to be decided with a bloke getting out a magnifying glass to see if the last arrow had clipped the 10 circle or not. Gold by, like, 2mm. Great drama.

Ali TT

International Regular
Dan Evans not quite ready for Andy Murray to retire yet, saving 5 consecutive match points to win in the tie break.

weeman27bob

International Vice-Captain
Incredibly close in the final of the mens 100m breaststroke, with Adam Peaty missing out on back-to-back-to-back golds by 0.02 seconds.

weeman27bob

International Vice-Captain
More medals than we've ever won on the first two days of a two week Olympics, hopefully we can start turning them into golds soon though.