• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Metro Bank One Day Cup

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Who on here remembers Vince Clarke? (of Derbys and Leics, not Depeche Mode). He was a 6 '4" leggie who was desperate to to get in on the mid 90's craze that was dibblies.
I always assumed it was the same bloke actually.

If I have a moment, I may try and think of other professional cricketers who shared their names with famous singers or musicians.

Yeoman

U19 Captain
a
Surrey won on DLS after the Umpires abandoned play due to an unfit pitch. What has happened at Fenners? No longer a first class venue, now creating unfit pitches.
Fenner’s used to have Pretty true wickets so hope it has not gone to seed (or lack thereof).

The Bucks tail now giving Leicestershire a scare.

Third_Man

State 12th Man
a

Fenner’s used to have Pretty true wickets so hope it has not gone to seed (or lack thereof).

The Bucks tail now giving Leicestershire a scare.
This latest development is on the back of the recent National Counties game: Cumbria 59, Cambridgeshire 61/9 the home side just sqeaking home. 120/19 all in all.

Yeoman

U19 Captain
Devon looking good at this point to record the fourth win by a minor county. Exmouth is a nice seaside ground, worth a visit if you are ever in the area.

Yeoman

U19 Captain
Devon looking good at this point to record the fourth win by a minor county. Exmouth is a nice seaside ground, worth a visit if you are ever in the area.
Actually, now sliding away from them rapidly. Never judge a score until both sides have batted etc etc…

Third_Man

State 12th Man
Aspinwall donated back by his franchise to Lancashire for their opening game in the Metro Bank match against Durham tomorrow (or at least he's in the squad). Chris Green extended his contract with Lancashire to cover the Metro Bank Cup but is immediately drafted by a franchise for one game to provide cover for Rashid Khan.

CartyDurham

International Captain
Aspinwall donated back by his franchise to Lancashire for their opening game in the Metro Bank match against Durham tomorrow (or at least he's in the squad). Chris Green extended his contract with Lancashire to cover the Metro Bank Cup but is immediately drafted by a franchise for one game to provide cover for Rashid Khan.
He bowled well against Durham in the championship so it’s bad news for Durham

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Farcical

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Good stuff. Interesting to see how high De Leede came in

Coughlin captain as well
Completely missed Coggers was captain.

Yes massive faith in him, hoping for more of his 123 from 92 he managed for Netherlands at 4

Batted like Tavare for the first 27 balls with only 10 scored and was thinking it was a mistake, then blitzed 52 from 36.

Great hitting by Ackermann and Jones too.

Obviously Lees anchored innings superbly with a ton.

Then McKinney did fine too, much better than last year but getting to open instead of batting 4-6 helped.

CartyDurham

International Captain
As I only post spam and I upset too many people which is really not my intention, I won’t be posting again on this thread

thanks everyobe who I have talked to on this thread

I hope you have success with whatever team you follow unless they play Durham

bye