• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies Tour of England, JULY 9th to 25th, 2024-- 3 TEST MATCHES

Howe_zat

Audio File
the more I see of Atkinson he reminds me of a faster Bresnan
I know this means almost nothing coming from me, but I'd take your hand off for that.

Bresnan built his career on being an accurate wicket to wicket seamer whose worst quality as a bowler was being one dimensional because he couldn't crank it up. If you actually had pre-injury Bresnan but with an extra 5mph that's just a world class bowler.

Last edited:

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I know this means almost nothing coming from me, but I'd take your hand off for that.

Bresnan built his career on being an accurate wicket to wicket seamer so if you actually had pre-injury Bresnan but with an extra 5mph that's just a world class bowler.
Shame he cant bat as well.

We'd take Atkinson the bowler though, looks a prospect. Just hope he isn't made of spaghetti like the rest of our pace bowlers.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Just so weak from Athanaze and McKenzie. I feel really sorry for Kraigg and Louis. They battle through really difficult conditions for a 50 partnership and then numbers 3 and 4 just don't look like they can build on it.

Athanaze is a 5 not a 4. McKenzie should not be playing. Hodge bats 3 domestically because he is tighter technically.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Didn't realise we were playing Zimbabwe in a one off test next May in prep for the India 5 match series.

@CartyDurham make that 37 tests for Root between now and the end of 2027 Ashes and Root down to 107 runs a test to overtake Sachin by then :laugh:

No doubt we shoehorn even more tests in there somewhere. I'd happily play a lot more tests than JAMODI and JAMT20 series.

WICFan

State 12th Man
Just so weak from Athanaze and McKenzie. I feel really sorry for Kraigg and Louis. They battle through really difficult conditions for a 50 partnership and then numbers 3 and 4 just don't look like they can build on it.

Athanaze is a 5 not a 4. McKenzie should not be playing. Hodge bats 3 domestically because he is tighter technically.
I think they batted at 4 and 5 for Windwards this year.

CartyDurham

International Captain
Didn't realise we were playing Zimbabwe in a one off test next May in prep for the India 5 match series.

@CartyDurham make that 37 tests for Root between now and the end of 2027 Ashes and Root down to 107 runs a test to overtake Sachin by then :laugh:

No doubt we shoehorn even more tests in there somewhere. I'd happily play a lot more tests than JAMODI and JAMT20 series.
The joy on this site when Root bypasses Sachin would explode the internet

hope im still alive

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
McKenzie will be looking forward to getting back to the Caribbean, no way can he play against South Africa.

Reminds me of Kirk Edwards troubles in England.
He looks completely short of form. He had a horrible domestic season, they shouldn't be putting a young player in this position. This could damage him for a long time. He needed taking out of the firing line for his own good.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Someone in the management team is really convinced that Kirk is Bradman. He lacks the basic application at the crease and his technical is abysmal. Athanaze is plain stupid.
McKenzie will be looking forward to getting back to the Caribbean, no way can he play against South Africa.

Reminds me of Kirk Edwards troubles in England.
Kirk's place in the team is guaranteed. :clapping:

Howe_zat

Audio File
FYI JAM stands for just another meaningless, an acronym that gets used on here you won't see anywhere else.
Out of interest I had a look and the oldest use I can find of it is indeed on this forum (June 2005, slightly before the urban dictionary entry which is from July 2005), but that earliest instance is asking what it means, so it must be older.

It probably didn't originate on these boards altogether since it's been used on a few others with which would have little to no membership crossover with CW (unlike, say, on Planet Cricket which has a lot of shared members).

There's a member on another forum called Flaming Balls who claimed in 2012 that they invented it on the ABC (presumably the Aussie public broadcaster) in about 2003, but I'm pretty skeptical of that. A few members there also claim it came from a messageboard called C4 which as far as I can tell has been completely purged from the internet.