• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies Tour of England, JULY 9th to 25th, 2024-- 3 TEST MATCHES

Molehill

International Captain
It's Jeremiah Loius the bowler that is out, not Mikyle Louis so I'd say they have to try Imlach?
It is Jeremiah Louis, a squad seamer rather than Mikyle Louis, the batsman who is injured, so they only need to make 1 change to top order. I think they should consider that. They should bring back Motie if he is well enough, he looked both a decent spinner and bat.
Ah, my fault for only reading a headline on Crapinfo (although not sure why someone who wasn't in the first 2 Tests warranted a headline anyway). Well then yeah, McKenzie should deffo be kicked out.

Qlder

International Debutant
Kirk McKenzie and Shamar Joseph both looked really good in the 1-1 draw with Australia. It looked like WI were back with some good young talent, so it's a shame they didn't bring that form to England

Chin Music

State Vice-Captain
Shamar Joseph has simply not looked match fit, although he looked a bit better in the 2nd innings at TB. They need to stick with him. Their bowling looks ok although they need someone more consistent than the erratic Alzarri.

Qlder

International Debutant
Pink ball can make some pacers seem a lot better than they actually are.
Shamar won the Aussie hearts in the first test at Adelaide though, which was red ball. After making headlines because he had to buy arm guards at a local store before facing Cummins, Hazlewood and Starc, he made 36 out of 188 batting #11. He then took 5-94 on debut getting the 2 best bats Smith and Labuschagne (and Green)

He then rammed it home with 7-68 at the Gabba to win the 2nd Test. Let's hope he remembers that effort for this Test

Last edited:

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
We've got one eye on the Ashes we said.

So the only cricket 25 year old Pennington and Potts have had in July.

Potts 1 T20 against Derbyshire
Pennington 1 non list A 50 game. Losing to Lincolnshire
I's so odd isn't it? I mean Wood had a twinge last match, Atkinson can't have played 3 matches in a row often with his injury problems, and what are we to learn about "Woakes?

In the end they get brownie points for this series, so far, over Smith, Bashir and Atkinson, but I thought the plan with Jimmeh going was to maybe have a bevy of fast-bowlers in case of their inevitable injuries, but hey we will see.

CartyDurham

International Captain
Forecast looks good so another result is very likely

Stokes interviewed today stated that the likes of Potts and Pennington may “naturally” come into the side for the Sri Lanka series, this was on sky sports news

he also added that he thinks Wood can break the 100mph barrier

Australia's Mitchell Starc has bowled the fastest delivery in Test cricket, registering 99.66mph against New Zealand in 2015

although Pakistan's Shoaib Akhtar reached 100.2mph in white-ball cricket, against England in 2003.

Starc so close to doing it

Last edited:

Hungry Llama

U19 12th Man
I dont care about speed they bowl so long as they take wkts. Wood doesnt do that often enough,
cos despite his speed he doesnt bowl at the wkt enough. Does seem as if hes there becos Stokes
wants someone who can bowl fast and short, the bazball barrage. Seems a waste of his ability.

Given the short turnaround after the last match, seems this was the ideal opportunity to tryout
Pennington or Potts.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
So Sinclair is also out injured, which brings back Motie into the team. Kirk's gotta go. Let's have Imlach.
I'm afraid we have the same batting lineup to look forward to. Honestly, we are so conservative with our selections, there's no ingenuity whatsoever. Kirk has barely moved his feet all series and looks like a walking wicket.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm afraid we have the same batting lineup to look forward to. Honestly, we are so conservative with our selections, there's no ingenuity whatsoever. Kirk has barely moved his feet all series and looks like a walking wicket.
This is Oshane’s level of stupidity now.

Qlder

International Debutant
Can't believe batting line-up unchanged but just shows how poor batting reserves are I guess? Motie back is good but seems he gave his flu to Shamar Joseph, with Akeem Jordan now on standby for him

What's the story with Jordan as this would be his test debut but he's 30 in October with only 19 FC games?

Last edited:

FBU

International Debutant
I dont care about speed they bowl so long as they take wkts. Wood doesnt do that often enough,
cos despite his speed he doesnt bowl at the wkt enough. Does seem as if hes there becos Stokes
wants someone who can bowl fast and short, the bazball barrage. Seems a waste of his ability.

Given the short turnaround after the last match, seems this was the ideal opportunity to tryout
Pennington or Potts. :thumbup:
It's like Stokes wants show off his fast car. Never mind the strapping on Wood's knee. If he carries on trying to bowl at the speed he is bowling now he won't be going to Australia for the Ashes. A bit like Root ruining Archer by over-bowling him.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can't believe batting line-up unchanged but just shows how poor batting reserves are I guess? Motie back is good but seems he gave his flu to Shamar Joseph, with Akeem Jordan now on standby for him

What's the story with Jordan as this would be his test debut but he's 30 in October with only 19 FC games?
Akeem is probably a better swing bowler than any we have in our squad. He doesn’t have the pace tho.

I think the coach is hell bent on this Kirk situation. Imlach is much more composed and experienced than him. The same can be said of Zachary.

Qlder

International Debutant
Geez, Wood's bowled 28 overs all Summer and people saying he's over bowled and should be rested 😆

Last edited: