• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies Tour of England, JULY 9th to 25th, 2024-- 3 TEST MATCHES

King Kane

International Debutant
I would be happy to walk off if I was Sinclair,

I wouldn't want to stay out there facing Wood sending down 150 kph heat seeking missiles.

Last edited:

mackembhoy

International Debutant
I don't think that's hit the glove
The wristband did ripple when they rolled the replay forward.

But initially I thought it was one of them foreshortening issues you get with the potential bump balls on catches and it made it look like it hit the gloves wristband when it hadn't.

I don't think the third umpire saw that ripple as he made the decision immediately. I do like it when the third umpire uses common sense and doesn't go through a million replays. But that wasn't as clear cut immediately for me.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The wristband did ripple when they rolled the replay forward.

But initially I thought it was one of them foreshortening issues you get with the potential bump balls on catches and it made it look like it hit the gloves wristband when it hadn't.

I don't think the third umpire saw that ripple as he made the decision immediately. I do like it when the third umpire uses common sense and doesn't go through a million replays. But that wasn't as clear cut immediately for me.
Yeah, it was obvious to see that ball hitting the grazing that part of the glove. I was hoping there was another angle.

kevinw

International 12th Man
It probably boiled down to the on field decision. Had it not been given it probably won't have been overturned.

slowfinger

International Debutant
Just been watching some old Swann footage on youtube. I was a decent offspinner too at one stage, and the one thing I always say, is get the batsman on the blood front foot. Anything on the back foot is a wasted delivery.

kevinw

International 12th Man
Just been watching some old Swann footage on youtube. I was a decent offspinner too at one stage, and the one thing I always say, is get the batsman on the blood front foot. Anything on the back foot is a wasted delivery.
Well unless you're Saeed Ajmal when England toured in 2012.