• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Golf Thread

Tom Flint

International Regular
If they don't actually alter the course that much then I guess you would have to be a very handy player to enjoy being a member at these elite courses?

Brook's side

International Regular
I often read that the u.s open makes the courses far too difficult? What was the one where Mickleton putted then ran after it and hit it again before it had stopped!
Oh yeah, they can let the rough grow as well I suppose.

It's the Masters that's always had the quickest greens as I understand it.

I vaguely remember Mickleson going to where the ball stopped before it got there (they do that sometimes when it rolls back to them, right?), but I doubt he hit it again before it stopped! That's got to be a penalty?!

Tom Flint

International Regular
Yeah it was a huge scandal. Its quite a funny video you could easily find on you tube. It wasn't rolling backwards he chased it passed the hole. Was like something a 5 year old does at crazy golf. He was laughing as he did it. He said after that it was a protest at how difficult they made it as if they were trying to embarrass the players.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If they don't actually alter the course that much then I guess you would have to be a very handy player to enjoy being a member at these elite courses?
IMO, the best courses cater for everyone

I was a member of the Australian for many years and Nicklaus did a great job in making it fun for all levels

Royal Melbourne is also very cool for that reason

CartyDurham

International Captain
Scheffler hasn’t holed a thing and is only one behind
Said earlier I had a pre season lucky 15 bet on the majors

scheffler landed the masters at 8s and if Schauffele wins that’s a 25/1 winner to bring up a double

I’ve got Lowry at 30/1 and 35/1 ew this week and schauffele at 10/1 and 11/1ew as well