• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies Tour of England, JULY 9th to 25th, 2024-- 3 TEST MATCHES

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Day 1 86.1 overs
Day 2 84 overs
Day 3 78.5

With an extra 1.5 hours play to fit it in. Not sure why the commentators don't talk about it more.

We've lost out out on 21 overs play, with some of the horrible over rates out there we've got effectively, missed out on a whole session of play.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Day 1 86.1 overs
Day 2 84 overs
Day 3 78.5

With an extra 1.5 hours play to fit it in. Not sure why the commentators don't talk about it more.

We've lost out out on 21 overs play, with some of the horrible over rates out there we've got effectively, missed out on a whole session of play.
Because whenever they do it's almost always really boring and misses the point of anything that makes the cricket good, as would be the case here.

They already bang on about over rates way too much as it is. I wouldn't get any more joy out of a game that has 100 extra dot balls in it and presumably neither would you, so 99% of the time over rates are just something extra to complain about.

Last edited:

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Because whenever they do it's almost always really boring and misses the point of anything that makes the cricket good, as would be the case here.

They already bang on about over rates way too much as it is. I wouldn't get any more joy out of a game that has 100 extra dot balls in it and presumably neither would you, so 99% of the time over rates are just something extra to complain about.
Defending it just because the game was entertaining doesn't fly for me. We've been deprived of more entertainment today and on other days in cricket in recent years.

There is absolutely no reason why they can't bowl 90 overs between the hours of 11-6.

11 overs not bowled in a day's play where the pitch is flat probably isn't going to change the result of a game that much.

11 extra overs bowled in a pitch that has more life and you could have a completely different result in a game.

I personally don't want to be deprived of more cricket. If your happy with that then fair enough. I think penalty runs need brought in to curb it. Fining match fees and WTC points deductions have done nothing to stop it.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Been out at a music festival a mate puts on do catching up on the highlights. Pope played some nice shots. Proper Test Match this hey.

WICFan

State 12th Man
Defending it just because the game was entertaining doesn't fly for me. We've been deprived of more entertainment today and on other days in cricket in recent years.

There is absolutely no reason why they can't bowl 90 overs between the hours of 11-6.

11 overs not bowled in a day's play where the pitch is flat probably isn't going to change the result of a game that much.

11 extra overs bowled in a pitch that has more life and you could have a completely different result in a game.

I personally don't want to be deprived of more cricket. If your happy with that then fair enough. I think penalty runs need brought in to curb it. Fining match fees and WTC points deductions have done nothing to stop it.
I agree with penalty runs, I would like them to consider reducing the offending team to 10 players when fielding for the amount of overs lost the next day or next innings.

Just on penalty runs, on a day like today when both teams have been fielding who do you penalise most, do you go by the rpo?

mackembhoy

International Debutant
I agree with penalty runs, I would like them to consider reducing the offending team to 10 players when fielding for the amount of overs lost the next day or next innings.

Just on penalty runs, on a day like today when both teams have been fielding who do you penalise most, do you go by the rpo?
Im not sure how easy it would be to implement.

As obviously factors with the amount of stoppages due to DRS and helmets being hit vary game to game. Pitches where spinners aren't needed at all also occur.

Just it can't keep happening the way it does.

Hungry Llama

U19 12th Man
Another corker of a day despite the over shortage, who was slowest england or windies?
I did wonder why they kept bowling so short when JDS and shamal kept whacking them for 6 :(
And wots wrong with these balls that they cant hold their shape - or is it heavy bats? 7 changes?
Agnew and Tuf had a bizarre converation on tms about Massies balls at a barby during i assume
some ashes tour.
Agnew says he had the 2 balls mounted in a cabinet on display.
Tuf Did he get them out?
Ag He did, I held 1 in each hand
Tuf were they polished
Ag no just old balls
Tuf was he ever tempted to play with them again?
And on and on, i dont remember the rest.

Anyway a few quick wkts tomorrow and windies will be looking for a win. Brook wore a few and had
a lot of luck.

Qlder

International Debutant
With England 207 in front, how much of a lead is needed?

Highest run chases at Trent Bridge
Eng 299/5 - 2022
Eng 284/6 - 2004

Highest run chases in England
Aus 404/3 - 1948
Eng 378/3 - 2022

Highest run chase by WI in England
WI 344/1 - 1984
WI 322/5 - 2017