• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies Tour of England, JULY 9th to 25th, 2024-- 3 TEST MATCHES

Howe_zat

Audio File
I'd rather more cricket, but from an England pov they'd probably quite like to go off before losing a wicket in the dark here. They've just about got back into a very good position and would start tomorrow in better conditions too, but a new batsman coming in now makes that vulnerable again.

King Kane

International Debutant
Some people in the Barmy Army trying to get the Jimmy Jimmy Jimmy Jimmy Anderson chant going.

Someone should tell them that he has retired.

King Kane

International Debutant
Broad had a good Barmy Army chant like Anderson.

They need to come up with new chants, does Atkinson have a chant?

Red_Ink_Squid

Global Moderator
I think Bell massively underperformed and should have had a record like Pietersen's. Much like Pope has massively underperformed and should have a record like Root's. Both have or had far more talent than they demonstrated.
I think it's fair to say Pope underperformed in his first years in international cricket but the number of players in history who "should" have a career like Root's is negligible. He's the best English bat for generations, you can't just choose that you're gonna have a career like that.

If Pope can continue at the level he's been performing at under McCullum I'd take that - that'd be a decent Test career.

kevinw

International 12th Man
I think it's fair to say Pope underperformed in his first years in international cricket but the number of players in history who "should" have a career like Root's is negligible. He's the best English bat for generations, you can't just choose that you're gonna have a career like that.

If Pope can continue at the level he's been performing at under McCullum I'd take that - that'd be a decent Test career.
Had the best FC record you'd ever seen in the CC before he was selected. Though he scored all those runs on Oval roads.

King Kane

International Debutant
What is this nighthawk malarkey?

You can't say nightwatchman anymore
'
Is third man going to be called a third hawk now?

WG Grace will be turning in his grave, not to mention Spofforth.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Brook is a ridiculous talent.

Tends to get out because of himself rather than the bowler. I hope he can get past a hundred before he does that this time!

Red_Ink_Squid

Global Moderator
Had the best FC record you'd ever seen in the CC before he was selected. Though he scored all those runs on Oval roads.
Yeah his FC record definitely benefits a lot from flat home tracks. Still, his consistency at going big at County level once he got into an innings is impressive and something he's sadly not been able to replicate at Test level just yet.

Nice work from young Brooks here.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If Pope is bell, I guess Brook is KP, I'm all for resurrecting the 2005-2011 batting line-up by proxy.

CartyDurham

International Captain
100 partnership for Cherrington and Joseph

fours through big gaps in the slips to a none existent third man twist my melon