• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies Tour of England, JULY 9th to 25th, 2024-- 3 TEST MATCHES

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Wood beats the bat a million times and gets one dropped, 0 wickets.

Woakes bowled largely dross and has 2.

Wood and Leach are definitely two of the unluckiest bowlers going.

Stokes used to be towards the start of his career and Chris Jordan would bowl pies and pick up a hatful.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
They did reckon that overhead conditions would cause the ball to swing more this morning, which should help Woakes.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
It's not on cricket, though more on our terrible over rate, takes points off us, I think we deserve it for that.
Nah as bad as it is it the punishment is pointless. They could care less about the WTC.

Should be a 10 run penalty for every over not bowled. Windies would be pretty much level right now. They'd have got through all 90 no problem by 6.

Even with the increased stoppages in Test Cricket i.e reviews. County sides manage to get 96 overs in without an extra 30 mins every bloody match.

reyrey

U19 Vice-Captain
Not saying he’s rubbish & he does have some potential but I don’t see why Bashir has jumped to the front of the queue

Not as if he can bat either
He gets a lot of revs on the ball and drift, plus his height that helps him get good bounce. Attributes that can make him successful in Test cricket.

He is the spin equivalent of a raw, tall 90mph fast bowler.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nah as bad as it is it the punishment is pointless. They could care less about the WTC.

Should be a 10 run penalty for every over not bowled. Windies would be pretty much level right now. They'd have got through all 90 no problem by 6.

Even with the increased stoppages in Test Cricket i.e reviews. County sides manage to get 96 overs in without an extra 30 mins every bloody match.
Dibbly dobblers only bowl off 5 steps

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Would be much higher if not for over rate penalties
They should be fourth even without it. A competition where every team plays a different amount of games is an utter joke.

Generally we've ended up with the best two sides in the final each time. But it's not a fair competiton from the get go.

I reckon we should have Afghanistan, Zimbabwe and Ireland involved and if they win their solitary match that other nations bother to give them they get to play the final.

social

He gets a lot of revs on the ball and drift, plus his height that helps him get good bounce. Attributes that can make him successful in Test cricket.

He is the spin equivalent of a raw, tall 90mph fast bowler.
He does have promise but I think that Hartley is a better cricketer right now and has as much potential (plus he can bat)

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire

If it’s any consolation. A 3rd XI side I umpired a couple of weeks back took 3 hours 45 mins to bowl 50. Captain changed the field every ****ing ball

social

They should be fourth even without it. A competition where every team plays a different amount of games is an utter joke.

Generally we've ended up with the best two sides in the final each time. But it's not a fair competiton from the get go.

I reckon we should have Afghanistan, Zimbabwe and Ireland involved and if they win their solitary match that other nations bother to give them they get to play the final.
Plus the final is in England whoever qualifies

Oz v India is a very different contest whether played in Australia or the subcontinent as England is arguably India’s worst venue