• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies Tour of England, JULY 9th to 25th, 2024-- 3 TEST MATCHES

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Know it's off topic, but why do you think it's doing the bit I've bolded in the quote? England going from Sibley-Burns/Hameed-Malan to Crawley-Duckett-Pope seems like a massive upgrade on it's own, no?
It's one of the things I'd say was good, but as tangible results it's not made much difference that I can see. Neither of those three are World-beaters anyway ATM, though they flatter to be, and Pope was pre-Bazball wasn't he?

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
It's one of the things I'd say was good, but as tangible results it's not made much difference that I can see. Neither of those three are World-beaters anyway ATM, though they flatter to be, and Pope was pre-Bazball wasn't he?
Pope had 1070 runs and 1 hundred @27 pre bazball, has 5 hundreds @45 post mccullum. I kind of get what your saying in terms of tangible results though. You look purely at the big series, and you guys drew the home ashes, took a test off india before, beat india in ENG when root made runs before and after bazball, and you guys still aren't making the WTC finals.

I don't think england would have whitewashed Pakistan, or been the better team across the cricket played in NZ pre bazball, but purely on scorelines there really isn't THAT huge a difference.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Doesn't look like England are going to bowl 80 overs in a day.

We're horrendous at how much we bowl for a number of years now.

Deducting points in the WTC is a stupid punishment. As the tournament is a farce anyway seeing as it's based on percentages.

ECB should be paying back whatever percentage of overs not bowled out of the players central contracts or something.(I know that will never happen but something needs to change)

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Know it's off topic, but why do you think it's doing the bit I've bolded in the quote? England going from Sibley-Burns/Hameed-Malan to Crawley-Duckett-Pope seems like a massive upgrade on it's own, no?
Yeah, very much a case of the initial blush wearing off after reverses against Aus, NZ, and India. Till that point, they'd racked up wins in never-seen-before manner and I doubt even the biggest cynic was grudging them that success. But ultimately It's a method suited to bullrushing weaker teams and disconcerting stronger ones for a while before being shown up over a long series of attrition.

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
Pope had 1070 runs and 1 hundred @27 pre bazball, has 5 hundreds @45 post mccullum. I kind of get what your saying in terms of tangible results though. You look purely at the big series, and you guys drew the home ashes, took a test off india before, beat india in ENG when root made runs before and after bazball, and you guys still aren't making the WTC finals.

I don't think england would have whitewashed Pakistan, or been the better team across the cricket played in NZ pre bazball, but purely on scorelines there really isn't THAT huge a difference.
I don't think they would have chased down 300 on so many occasions pre Bazball , or smashed Pakistan in Pakistan, beat NZ convincingly at home , should have beat them in NZ , big improvements in Crawley and Pope, don't think Duckett has the impact he has pre bazball , Brooks been excellent under this era ..

Bazball has given a lot of positives to England

grecian

Yeah I get the Pope thing, but maybe he just grew into England, maybe it's Bazbeline who knows.

The New Zealand series was one of the more frustrating ones of the lot, honestly I don't care a lot about outplaying but not winning a series when we should have. The Pakistan series is the one exception, top performance, made me believe, but since, meh?

King Kane

International Debutant
The Aussies must be praying Bashir somehow makes it to Australia
What; is the alternative for England? Go back to Leach? He got hammered by the Aussies in Australia too.

Where is Rehan Ahmed at? He looked like a promising leg spinner that might trouble the Aussies on their home decks.

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
What; is the alternative? Go back to Leach? He got hammered by the Aussies in Australia too.

Where is Rehan Ahmed at? He looked like a promising spinner that might trouble the Aussies on their home decks.
Pick a spinner that can bat , Rehan Ahmed would definitely be my first choice ..I actually thought Hartley would have been picked for this series

grecian

I don't think they would have chased down 300 on so many occasions pre Bazball , or smashed Pakistan in Pakistan, beat NZ convincingly at home , should have beat them in NZ , big improvements in Crawley and Pope, don't think Duckett has the impact he has pre bazball , Brooks been excellent under this era ..

Bazball has given a lot of positives to England
No, and we may not have been in the situation where we had too, they were great fun, but generally coz we threw our wickets away in first innings.

Anyway, I am and will just remain butthurt over the Jimmeh dropping, and when we probably need a seamer to seal up and end and let the others bowl around them atm, I am not going to get any less so, Atkinson looked a lot better with someone controlling the runs at the other end.

King Kane

International Debutant
Old golden bollocks Stokes makes the breakthrough.

Good knock from Athanaze, a pity he couldn't kick on to a ton, it's now up to Hodge.

Pick a spinner that can bat , Rehan Ahmed would definitely be my first choice ..I actually thought Hartley would have been picked for this series
Yeah I forgot about Hartley., he looks a promising English spinner too and he is handy with the bat.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Dammit, missed that glorious partnership. Holder at 6 doesn't give me much confidence but let's hope for the best. C'mon Hodge