• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies Tour of England, JULY 9th to 25th, 2024-- 3 TEST MATCHES

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, he played as a keeper-batsman in the couple of games he played for Yorkshire last year.

If Kemol Savory replicates his form next season then JDS will find himself under a bit of pressure.

Good session for the West Indies, a bit more intent shown and hopefully these two can go on.
Imlach also keeps.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
How many runs are we away from people declaring the death of bazball? I reckon another 75.
I've declared it months ago, it's a meaningless buzzword, which so far has giving us no more tangible results than we'd had before.

Some good things about some terrible.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
Feels like the listless spell Woakes bowled post-lunch was a bit of a turning point. It just enabled the Windies batsmen to ease themselves in from a precarious lunch position and they took full advantage.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
I've declared it months ago, it's a meaningless buzzword, which so far has giving us no more tangible results than we'd had before.

Some good things about some terrible.
Know it's off topic, but why do you think it's doing the bit I've bolded in the quote? England going from Sibley-Burns/Hameed-Malan to Crawley-Duckett-Pope seems like a massive upgrade on it's own, no?

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Don't know if he keeps, but I really like the look of jewel andrews who kept for your lot at the last U-19 WC. Made a brilliant 100 vs SA in that tournament and made his maiden list-A ton at 17 vs ireland for the academy team recently.
Yep, Jewel Andrews is also a keeper who is massively talented. We might lose him the same way as a young Hetmyer.

King Kane

International Debutant
This partnership really highlights how bad england played the spin yesterday. Don't think it's explicitly a bazball thing, but hodge really should be getting the treatment the Pakistan spinners got in this game (https://www.espncricinfo.com/series...an-vs-england-1st-test-1330871/full-scorecard). Letting him end up with 2-47 bowling long-hops and brook gifting sinclair a wicket pre meditating a paddle sweep is really poor.
They left some runs on the table yesterday which is looking costly now.

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
England don't need to panic, they are still 185 runs ahead and how often does one bring two.

What they need to do is control the run rate, that's what Anderson gave to this England side that is sorely missing..He would go at 2 an over on most days.