• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies Tour of England, JULY 9th to 25th, 2024-- 3 TEST MATCHES

Molehill

International Captain
Not sure why we even went down the short stuff route given we'd just had a bloke dropped at slip. It didn't work.

BigBeefy

Cricket Spectator
Good bit of grit from the Windies after the morning wobble and frankly showing that with just a touch more restraint, we were right to say 450-500 was more of the score that ENG needed.

Test Match on our hands if they can get a couple of partnerships to go beyond 350, looking okay so far!

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Good bit of grit from the Windies after the morning wobble and frankly showing that with just a touch more restraint, we were right to say 450-500 was more of the score that ENG needed.

Test Match on our hands if they can get a couple of partnerships to go beyond 350, looking okay so far!
Not just grit tbh, much better attacking intent, we are scoring at over 4 runs per over. Just so much better to watch for all concerned.

King Kane

International Debutant
Ian Bishop has got a bounce back in his step, he was down in the dumps after the West Indies dismal performance in the first test.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
How the hell have we only managed 52 overs with 18 being bowled by Bashir, just fine them all their match-fee, and give the money to the Windies board, England have been ridiculous in this regard for awhile now, and it doesn't eactly make for exciting cricket. Mind you I suppose we make up for it by now only having boelers that go over or close to 4, Bazball for life.

WICFan

State 12th Man
I think we're at the stage where there is nothing to lose by giving the white ball players a go as they cannot be worse than Kirk, who you can just see has not learned how to build an innings.

King is the most obvious one, as he has red ball pedigree. Pooran is more of a wildcard but he is so talented I would be tempted to give him a go tbh.

Carty looks like he should succeed in red ball cricket but he generally does not.

Kevin Wickham might be in soon, especially if he has a good A series.

I have my eye on Josh, who has not lived up to expectations so far. If Shai Hope would be willing to keep, I would be tempted to have him in as a keeper batsman and ask him to play in a postive manner, like it is an ODI.
Yeah, he played as a keeper-batsman in the couple of games he played for Yorkshire last year.

If Kemol Savory replicates his form next season then JDS will find himself under a bit of pressure.

Good session for the West Indies, a bit more intent shown and hopefully these two can go on.