• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Golf Thread

Molehill

International Captain
Those results don’t count anymore

Garcia is currently ranked 46 by Tugr, which is used to rank all amateur & junior events while Rose is ranked 132

LIV players cop it in 2 ways from the OWGR - they’re not credited for any results on LIV & their performance on other tours are divided by the number of tournaments that they might have played

For example, Garcia has recorded points in 10 tournaments in the last 2 years but those points are divided by 40

It’s nonsense
Sorry, am I supposed to feel sorry for them? They don't cop it at all, they simply chose the money. Now some of them did that as they seemingly didn't care anymore for their careers (DJ and the SA posse), but others were happy to take the money and then expect to get all the benefits they had before. Doesn't work like that as they're now finding out...

It's actually quite amusing, and the Majors are not being remotely reduced by their absence (quite an improvement in some cases tbh).

If I switch to a different employer, should I expect to still receive all the perks I get from the current one?

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sorry, am I supposed to feel sorry for them? They don't cop it at all, they simply chose the money. Now some of them did that as they seemingly didn't care anymore for their careers (DJ and the SA posse), but others were happy to take the money and then expect to get all the benefits they had before. Doesn't work like that as they're now finding out...

It's actually quite amusing, and the Majors are not being remotely reduced by their absence (quite an improvement in some cases tbh).

If I switch to a different employer, should I expect to still receive all the perks I get from the current one?
Happens all the time in golf & has done for decades

PGAT has traditionally been the beneficiary so has ignored it but now the boot is on the other foot and the hypocrisy appears

Btw, how are majors improved by replacing Sergio with a glorified Korn Ferry player who has about as much chance as you do? 😂

Molehill

International Captain
Happens all the time in golf & has done for decades

PGAT has traditionally been the beneficiary so has ignored it but now the boot is on the other foot and the hypocrisy appears

Btw, how are majors improved by replacing Sergio with a glorified Korn Ferry player who has about as much chance as you do? 😂
Hey, I made the cut in our Club Championship for the first time on Saturday!!

Just not having Sergio's general aura anyway near the Open can only be a good thing.....and it's not like he was ever going to contend either.

social

Hey, I made the cut in our Club Championship for the first time on Saturday!!

Just not having Sergio's general aura anyway near the Open can only be a good thing.....and it's not like he was ever going to contend either.
Sergio won last week, finished 12th in the last major & has ten top 10s in the Open

John fkn Daly is in the field and he can’t even walk

And yes I know that he’s a former winner but his main claim to fame these days is being the town drunk

Molehill

International Captain
Looks like anything under par will be solid today, Noren's -2 might take some bettering.

Our new US Open champ is finding out that you can't overpower a Links course the hard way.

Molehill

International Captain
He will struggle to make the cut tomorrow…
I think he's got virtually no chance of making the cut, especially as he's likely to be out in the tougher conditions too tomorrow.

I'm already getting the feeling that this could be won by a grizzled old pro who can grind out the pars. If anyone scores well this arvo and is out early tomorrow morning, they might be well positioned.....Jason Day definitely springs to mind.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
I think he's got virtually no chance of making the cut, especially as he's likely to be out in the tougher conditions too tomorrow.

I'm already getting the feeling that this could be won by a grizzled old pro who can grind out the pars. If anyone scores well this arvo and is out early tomorrow morning, they might be well positioned.....Jason Day definitely springs to mind.
Yep, quite possible. Justin Thomas leading, now that is unexpected…🙂

Molehill

International Captain
Yep, quite possible. Justin Thomas leading, now that is unexpected…🙂
Well he was leading after Day 1 last week and then totally fell away.....can see the same happening again. Although, having to take a lot of irons off the tee clearly suits him better than using driver.

Of course the other possibility is simply that Scheffler wins.....

social

Cam Smith with a 9 over start...some big names struggling massively.
Cam can be wayward off the tee which invites trouble here but some lies are virtually unplayable while others result in friendly bounces

Watched MacIntyre early and he could have rung up a very big score on another day but got away with it

Last edited:

Molehill

International Captain
Cam can be wayward off the tee which invites trouble here but some lies are virtually unplayable while others result in friendly bounces

Watched MacIntyre early and he could have rung up a very big score on another day but got away with it
There's always been a certain level of lottery to Links golf. I don't think Rory played that badly yesterday, he was just a yard out in certain places and got punished for it. The Postage Stamp bunker claimed a lot of victims, some got decent lies and could go at the pin, others were coming out sideways and battling to make bogey. On the final hole, the leader bounced over the bunker that Rory was a yard away from flying over.

Conditions very benign at the moment, morning starters need to take advantage before wind gets up later.

social

Daly withdraws again

Guy has been a joke for years and the R & A should withdraw his exemption