• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Road to India in Australia 2024-25

Xix2565

International Regular
I don't care if you choose to stay emotionally invested in fat Ashwin but let's spare the forum of your violent drowning fantasies.
Oh no. Are you going to nuance the hell out of Ashwin's embarrassing record in AUS? Even the TM of India smells the coffee and drop Ashwin in half the matches played in SENA. Just look up the record in last 5 years.
I think you need to watch games first before blindly giving numbers. Given that you clearly seem to have eyes, maybe just look around for that grey lump of cells known as the brain. It should help you in understanding the game better.

GirthQuake

School Boy/Girl Captain
I think you need to watch games first before blindly giving numbers. Given that you clearly seem to have eyes, maybe just look around for that grey lump of cells known as the brain. It should help you in understanding the game better.
More irrelevant boring faff. I watch the game and he has often appeared a misfit to the team's requirement. Thankfully, the Indian TM agrees with me and they dropped Ashwin with extreme prejudice in several of the SENA matches over the last 5 years.

Now tell me about the all-seeing pair of eyes you have.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
I do feel sorry for him when he has to chase the ball all the way to the boundary on those huge Australian grounds. Guy looks like he's running through treacle. But no matter, he is in the side for his bowling after all!

Xix2565

International Regular
More irrelevant boring faff. I watch the game and he has often appeared a misfit to the team's requirement. Thankfully, the Indian TM agrees with me and they dropped Ashwin with extreme prejudice in several of the SENA matches over the last 5 years.

Now tell me about the all-seeing pair of eyes you have.
Again, literally did a good job in Australia of all the SENA places. It would be silly to act like he can't play there. I at least remember that along with the generally anti-spin pitches being served up everywhere else to neuter him/Jadeja. Sorry, but this is just stupidity now.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
If Smith's opening and Ashwin's playing, I'd be tempted to give him the new ball alongside Bumrah. Worth a punt early in the series and good odds he'll get him too.

Qlder

International Debutant
No surprise, but Australia has once again stuffed up their Test planning by playing Pakistan in 3 ODIs and 3 T20s between 4-18 Nov, just before the 1st Test vs India on Nov 22. This after their last Test was vs NZ in March, so over 8 months break from Tests.

Meanwhile India has a nice warm-up of 2 Tests vs Bangladesh and 3 Tests vs NZ just before the 1st test vs Australia

Likely there are two Shield rounds during Pakistan white ball series so hope they have all Test players in the shield instead of meaningless ODI's and T20's

Last edited:

Silver Silva

International Regular
Got to play tribute to the amazing fitness of Starc, Hazlewood and Cummins ..

They should be used in fast bowling studies around the world, they just remain serviceable for Australia all year round in every format.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ashwin's done great in the last two tours but he's fat and old and Smith will be pretty motivated to not look like a loser against him this time. Kuldeep is young and promising, he could be a very nice contrast to the jadeja fast darts.

ma1978

International Debutant
Ashwin's done great in the last two tours but he's fat and old and Smith will be pretty motivated to not look like a loser against him this time. Kuldeep is young and promising, he could be a very nice contrast to the jadeja fast darts.
how about we let the performances decide who hen Ashwin is too old. Let’s see if he out owls KY in the five tests before Aus

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Ashwin won't play the first test at Perth. India will play 4 seamers. 2nd spinner may be considered at Adelaide though.

But if Aus goes for greentops then Ashwin may not come into the picture till the 4th test.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I agree, fat people should be excluded from things in general

CodeOfWisden

U19 Debutant
The first two tests will have only one spinner from our side, its probably going to be Jadeja, the problem is that we dont have a pace bowling allrounder like Thakur this time around (dont think he will be picked, had a surgery) so our tail will be too long, ideally Harshit Rana should play at 8, he can score some runs.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Gambhir could force hardik to play tests again by making it a prerequisite to be limited overs captain.

Also predicting both Rana and Reddy to be in the squad and maybe get a game depending on how things go