• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Road to India in Australia 2024-25

ashley bach

Cricketer Of The Year
Sucks vs bounce plus he was only replacing the injured Rahul

He didn't lose his test spot so Sarfaraz will have to vacate the spot

Besides if a batting position opens up for the aus tests I'd want jurel to play ahead of Sarfaraz
Cheers mate. Just looked him up and see that at 26 he may get chances in years to come.

Thought he may of been able to adapt to the bounce by sticking his belly in the way.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
He is pretty street smart. I dont agree with the whole "he should have made his debut much earlier" narrative but right now he has earned the right to fail. And honestly, I dont think he will. He will annoy the hell out of Australia like Ranatunga and Ganguly IMO. And be a successful batsman against them both home and away.

Last edited:

Arachnodouche

International Captain
He is pretty street smart. I dont agree with the whole "he should have made his debut much earlier" narrative but right now he has earned the right to fail. And honestly, I dont think he will. He will annoy the hell out of Australia like Ranatunga and Ganguly IMO.
Yeah I love his vibe on the field and at the crease. Batsmen will prefer retiring out than having him and Pant in their ears all day long.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
I wouldn't mind Kuldeep as the 4th bowler in a couple of those 3 tests. Agree with regards to Jadeja being no more than a support bowler. The composition of the attack will depend on the pitch. If the pitches are lively (which Im expecting them to be) then we'll see a pacer or Thakur. If they are a bit flat then we might see Kuldeep/Ashwin. The matches are starting on Friday too this time instead of Thursday, which kind of implies that they might finish pretty early..

Arachnodouche

International Captain
I fully expect CA to press the panic button and roll out greentops. It may back fire but yeah, the friday starts are a bit of a give away.
As they should in all fairness. Losing three home series on the bounce should be reason enough to strip cricket of its national (summer) sport status.

Shri

Mr. Glass
if they make greentops are their batters so much better than ours to make use of the advantage?

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
I fully expect CA to press the panic button and roll out greentops. It may back fire but yeah, the friday starts are a bit of a give away.
Even last tour, the scores were not that high. First 2 tests, mostly around 200. Then last 2 tests, 300-330.

I wouldn't mind the 200 v 200 games tbh. They could go either way and generally a lot more fun to watch.

Australia should definitely start off with greentops etc as India is coming into it without practice and I expect Indian batting to struggle initially if the pitches are fast/bouncy/greentops. An opportunity for Aus to get an early big enough lead. I expect the first 3 tests to finish inside 3 days or 4 days max.