• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Absurdly Awesome Cricket Stats

Qlder

International Debutant
Only one player has the most amount of runs at two different batting positions. The great Stuart Broad.
Similarly, Daniel Vettori is the only player to have the most runs and the highest average for a batting position. Does that make him the greatest #8 ever?

Last edited:

Coronis

International Coach
Maybe not awesome but

(20th century onwards, 100 wickets minimum)

Highest % of wickets bowled
Ray Lindwall 42.68
Brian Statham 40.48
Sonny Ramadhin 39.24

Highest % of wickets lbw
Terry Alderman 34.12
Saeed Ajmal 33.15
Pragyan Ojha 30.09

Highest % of wickets caught
Bruce Yardley 68.25
Paul Harris 103 66.02
Ashley Mallett 63.64

Highest % of wickets caught by keeper
Josh Hazlewood 31.87
Ewan Chatfield 31.71
Kemar Roach 31.48

Highest % of wickets caught and bowled
Ian Johnson 8.26
Paul Adams 7.46
Tony Greig 7.09

Highest % of wickets stumped
Subhash Gupte 13.42
Clarrie Grimmett 12.96
Vinoo Mankad 11.11

Highest % of hit wicket
Hedley Verity 2.08
Nat Adcock 1.92
Vinoo Mankad 1.85

Highest % of batsmen dismissed for ducks
Shoaib Akhtar 24.72
Ray Lindwall 21.49
Waqar Younis 20.38

Ali TT

International Regular
Jimmy Anderson the first pace bowler to pass 40000 balls bowled in test cricket. Over 6000 more than Broad in second and 10000 more than Walsh and McGrath - both bowlers who had ****ing long careers that carried on well into their dotage.

3 spinners unsurprisingly have bowled more - Murali, Warne and Kumble.

Coronis

International Coach
Jimmy Anderson the first pace bowler to pass 40000 balls bowled in test cricket. Over 6000 more than Broad in second and 10000 more than Walsh and McGrath - both bowlers who had ****ing long careers that carried on well into their dotage.

3 spinners unsurprisingly have bowled more - Murali, Warne and Kumble.
tbf he probably bowled 10000 more balls of utter **** that McGrath too

Coronis

International Coach
So from DoG’s old peak thread with a 5 year 40 innings min qualifier.

Hammond (1935-1946)
26 matches 41 innings 2629 @ 75.11 9 tons 10 fifties

This peak does not include his best score (336* vs NZ 1933) or his best series (905 @ 113.12 28/29 Ashes).

That’s pretty absurd to me. (his 80 innings peak from my own recent thread also excludes his 28/29 Ashes series)

Coronis

International Coach
Shoutout to Pud Thurlow.

Only played one test against South Africa in 1932. Bradman ran him out for a duck attempting to cross 300 for the second time, leaving him stranded on 299*. He also bowled 39 overs of fast-medium in the match, taking 0/86. He averaged 42 in first class cricket as a bowler, with a season best of 25 @ 36.28. Which makes you wonder, why was he selected at all? Perhaps a faster bloke could’ve helped the Don be the only man with three test triples.

Pap Finn Keighl

International Debutant
Kapil Dev best Ranked batsman and bowler for 80s Indian ODI team.

Kapil Dev scored 90+ ball century in a test match against 4 ATG Attack.

Kapil Dev hit four consecutive Sixes to avoid follow on, just before losing the last wicket.

Pap Finn Keighl

International Debutant
At the end of 1995, Sachin's stats as ODI Opener was miles ahead of the rest.

48 avg 94 SR.
2nd highest SR was Jayasuriya's 78 ( 28 avg )
And 90% of them were striking at below 70.

Ali TT

International Regular
At the end of 1995, Sachin's stats as ODI Opener was miles ahead of the rest.

48 avg 94 SR.
2nd highest SR was Jayasuriya's 78 ( 28 avg )
And 90% of them were striking at below 70.
In the history of the game up until then, in the year 1995 or among active players that year?

thierry henry

International Coach
Highest % of wickets caught by keeper
Josh Hazlewood 31.87
Ewan Chatfield 31.71
Kemar Roach 31.48
Found this interesting as I would've expected a "hit the deck hard" type bowler to get a lot of caught behinds and I see Chatfield and Roach as both being more "wicket to wicket" I guess, and lacking a couple of yards of pace to be the sort of bowler I stereotypically imagine catching the edge a lot.

Chatfield was legendary for his accuracy and wasn't very quick, so I've probably misinterpreted that as him bowling at the stumps more than he actually did.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Any excuse to bring this up again:

Fun Rubel stats

- Averages 249 against India
- Yet to take a wicket against Pakistan after 47 overs
- His best figures of 5/166 came against NZ at an economy of nearly 6
- If you take out Zimbabwe he has 22 wickets in 26 Tests @ 101
- Averages 316 at a strike rate of 498 in drawn matches