• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies Tour of England, JULY 9th to 25th, 2024-- 3 TEST MATCHES

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
They won a Test in Brisbane - I'm not really sure how looking at this.
Like in the mid 2000s they were not good but still vaguely competitive. They actually made England have to work for their wins. But this lot are completely insipid.

Molehill

International Captain
Like in the mid 2000s they were not good but still vaguely competitive. They actually made England have to work for their wins. But this lot are completely insipid.
Hopefully they'll improve as the series goes on.....they're totally under-prepared.

Molehill

International Captain
Not enough prep. In Australia we had weeks to prepare. This lot aren't great at batting anyway, but one match against a bunch of teenagers did not prepare them to bat under dark skies against an attack well suited to these conditions.
I could forgive them yesterday, but it's not dark today, it's a good day to bat.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
They won a Test in Brisbane - I'm not really sure how looking at this.
McKenzie, Hodge, Da Silva and Sinclair got 50s, we outfielded Australia and Shamar destroyed them.

If we get runs on the board our attack is good enough to win tests.

Unfortunately, the batting only gets runs on the board every 4 or 5 tests if we are lucky!

Bijed

International Regular
Hopefully they'll improve as the series goes on.....they're totally under-prepared.
In 2017, they had a horrendous first test before winning the second, and the third looked like a bit of a crapshoot before our chase was remarkably smooth, so on that basis (I'll ignore facts like there being loads of different players with different experience/prep) a competitive series may well transpire however this one goes