• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies Tour of England, JULY 9th to 25th, 2024-- 3 TEST MATCHES

CartyDurham

International Captain
That graphic showing Sobers, Kallis and now Stokes in third place for all rounders

that’s high company he is in for Stokes

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
I have to say our grind ball approach is not going to work in these conditions. They don't look like they are going anywhere. We have to transfer at least a bit of pressure.

I'll be fascinated to see what the new chief selector, when they are chosen, does with this batting lineup. Will they try and include the likes of Pooran and King to add some shotmaking to the grindball of Kraigg, Hodge, Josh etc?

All I know is playing like this is just wasting everyone's times.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I have to say our grind all approach is not going to work in these conditions. They don't look like they are going anywhere. We have to transfer at least a bit of pressure.

I'll be fascinated to see what the new chief selector, when they are chosen, does with this batting lineup. Will they try and include the likes of Pooran and King to add some shotmaking to the grindball of Kraigg, Hodge, Josh etc?

It would not hurt a bird to slide in Sinclair as the attacking batter in the top order.

SillyCowCorner1

Who wouldn't be? But it's a good club to be part of. For all the talk of how wonderful Jadeja is, he's nearly 3,000 runs off getting a bouncer on the door to let him in....
I wasn't casting aspersions on Stokes; rather, I was highlighting the club's illustrious status.

WICFan

State 12th Man
I have to say our grind all approach is not going to work in these conditions. They don't look like they are going anywhere. We have to transfer at least a bit of pressure.

Yep, can't even get rotating singles going, blockathon stuff.

Need to add at least one of King, Hope, Pooran, Mayers, Ambris.

SillyCowCorner1

I'm not saying we need to do anything stupid, just adjust our approach slightly.

I like your idea of adding Sinclair. We could move Hodge up to 3 where he bats for Windwards and slot Sinclair in at 6.
Having Athanaze at 4 is nosebleed for him, Kirk at 3 is suicidal (he's green). Hodge is the one with the most FC experience (and your idea of him at 3 is most sensible.)

Beamer

Yep, can't even get rotating singles going, blockathon stuff.

Need to add at least one of King, Hope, Pooran, Mayers, Ambris.
McKenzie and Athanaze are attacking players by nature but here they are shotless wonders. Kraigg mindset is infectious, not in a good way.

SillyCowCorner1

I'd keep at it until the cows come home, but it looks like those cows have decided to pull an all-nighter in the field.

SillyCowCorner1

The backup options being McCaskie and Imlach doesn't offer any difference in experience either.
Indeed, there isn't much to utilize. Kirk's excessive rope length and his hesitance at the crease make him an easy target for bowlers, as he lacks the aggression needed. In contrast, Imlach possesses a more solid technique as a top-order batsman.

SillyCowCorner1

Kraigg
Louis
Hodge
Athanaze
Sinclair
Da Silva
Holder
Alzarri
Motie
Shamar
Seales

If you need the extra batter, bat McKenzie or Imlach at 4. I prefer Athanaze at 5.
Not a bad lineup. We know Kirk's getting the axe for the next match, I want Sinclair in there for his all-round ability. Imlach is cool too.

slowfinger

International Debutant
I think a bit of time at the crease is never a bad attitude early on in English conditions. Most people once they've faced at least 50 balls tend to go on to score well and things get much easier with an old Dukes

Beamer

I think a bit of time at the crease is never a bad attitude early on in English conditions. Most people once they've faced at least 50 balls tend to go on to score well and things get much easier with an old Dukes
I agree with the principle, but maybe be 25 off 50, not 10.