• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies Tour of England, JULY 9th to 25th, 2024-- 3 TEST MATCHES

mackembhoy

International Debutant
They're going to win this match by at least eight wickets.
We shouldn't be batting again so I'd disagree at the margin of victory.

I'm just looking at Brook going he's learnt nothing from Lords last year in the Ashes.

Brook could have had a double if he wanted to instead of pre mediating a shot he didn't need to play.

Here's his pretty much carbon copy dismissal on 50 last year against the Aussies.

50(68) last year and 50(64) today

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
People having a moan about Brook need to calm down. England already have enough of a lead to beat this frankly dreadful Windies outfit without having to bat again. Bloke understandably probably wanted to get back in the hutch to put his feet up and watch YouTube rather than continually to pointlessly maul these jobbers.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
What a ball by Motie.

Just adds to the stupidity of Brook tbh.

Always hard to start in cricket and Stokes especially struggles to start in recent times.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
By Motie picking up that wicket his tally moves to 23 wickets in tests, 22 in ODIs, and 21 in T20Is

@ashley bach

I was hoping that he picked up another in the T20 WC to make it 22 wickets in all three formats

BigBeefy

Cricket Spectator
I’m at a loss to explain with any rationality why England batters are looking to do what they do when in complete control.

This is international test match cricket- I am absolutely delighted to see an England team play with some intent instead of blocking their way to series defeats, and looking to put pressure back on the bowling team. However when you are 50/60 not out, or you are 100 runs ahead, that is where you have already done the pressure application. From there you simply consolidate the position and win the game handsomely. That is what an Australia or India would do.

It is as if England players require a sense of jeopardy or risk in their game. Adrenaline junky batting.

At best it’s an over zealous approach to positive batting and just a struggle to balance it.

At worst it is totally naive and carefree.

There is an uncomfortable irrationality about the way these players are batting.

Test match hundreds are highlight reel career stuff- the way some of these players throw that away without a care in the world I just cannot relate to. Are players really that comfortable in getting out like this having done the hard work of getting to 50/60? It’s just at odds with Test cricket isn’t it?

Heres hoping they can learn a sense of control and knowing when the accelerator can be unpressed.

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
People having a moan about Brook need to calm down. England already have enough of a lead to beat this frankly dreadful Windies outfit without having to bat again. Bloke understandably probably wanted to get back in the hutch to put his feet up and watch YouTube rather than continually to pointlessly maul these jobbers.
Pawn Stars or a Test Match hundred at Lords is a tough choice to make.

CartyDurham

International Captain
Morning/afternoon/evening all

I’m missing today but I’ve seen the wickets . Brook will have to get some practice in as he will be targeted everytime with the short ball and he hits it straight up

stokes was bowled by a magic ball

be nice for England if Root can bat for most of the day

the West Indies need to dismiss England for not much more than 300 to have any chance

enjoy the day all