• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The FINAL- South Africa vs India (D), Kensington Oval, Barbados-- June 29th

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
The whole post-break sequence was just one long choke from SA. India played awesome but SA seemed to have gone bonkers or something. Losing from 26 in 25 balls with 6 wickets in hand is unforgivable.
I think out of all of South Africa's chokes, this is the one to end all of them. How do you not win from needing a run a ball with 5 overs to go with 6 wickets in hand? Bloody hell.

Bumrah though, what the ****. Clutch from Arshdeep too. Athlai in ruins.
Although SA were just 4 wickets down, it was their "last" recognised pair. They didn't really have any batting left after that.

And they still needed 30 runs, which is not a given especially in a final and with Bumrah still having 2 overs left. A couple of quick wickets and we knew they could be in trouble.

Once Klaasen got out, you could sense India were right back into it and they bowled amazingly to apply all the pressure on SA's tailenders including Jansen.

Last edited:

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
And let's stop calling it a choke as Miller was literally 1 inch away from a six. Miller didn't choke. If that had gone for six, Pandya really could have struggled to defend 10 off 5 against a proper finisher... and Pandya himself was shaking.

Klaasen didn't choke. He is the SOLE freaking reason SA found themselves in a winning position. They needed around 70 runs off 7 overs and then he took down Kuldeep in the 14th and then Axar in the 15th to bring the target down to just 30 runs off 5. Crazy hitting. Without Klaasen's take down of spinners, South Africa wouldn't have even come close tbh. (Obviously Rohit made a huge blunder by not bowling pace in those overs when Pandya still had overs left. Rohit played into Klaasen's strengths and almost cost the match).

SA were only properly ahead in the game at the 15 and 16 over mark. However by the end of the 17th over with Klassen gone and Bumrah back for his last over, you could feel India were just Miller's wicket away from winning it. That proved to be the case by narrowest of margins.

HouHsiaoHsien

International Debutant
Klaasen tbf brought them to a winning position and also choked, as he could’ve just rotated the strike better later on rather than trying to cut Hardik. It was their last recognised pair so he should’ve been a little more careful IMO, that’s why a settled bat is important, so that team doesn’t start panicking.

Silver Silva

International Regular
This is my Team of the Tournament:

1.Rohit Sharma (IND) (C)
2.Rahmnullah Gurbaz (AFG) (WK)
3.Andries Gous (USA)
4.Suryakumar Yadav (IND)
5.Roston Chase (WI)
6.Hardik Pandya (IND)
7.Marcus Stoinis (AUS)
8.Axar Patel (IND)
9.Rashid Khan (AFG)
10.Anrich Nortje (SA)
11.Jasprit Bumrah (IND)

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Anyway I am glad Rohit, Kohli and Dravid got to win a World Cup at last. They have deserved it.

I don't think India would've won this T20 WC, if India had won the ODI WC last year. They were so bloody driven to succeed here because of the defeat last year. So this 'kind of' makes up for that loss, as India wouldn't have won this otherwise.

We'll take it and glad that the 10-11 year jinx of not winning icc events is over. And I have a feeling there are more titles to come. SA are a good side and I think they should be able to reach more finals now and give themselves a chance of breaking their curse. Making finals and losing is really hard, it's almost better to get knocked out early.

Last edited:

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man
Another world cup. Another great final marred by lazy/incompetent officialdom. Regardless of who would have won. Some things never change.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
One wrong take after another 🤪
India’s win predictor was 2 % at the end of 15 overs .
Miller took wrong decision at the end of 18th over and shouldn’t have taken single and should have faced last 2 overs completely .
Win predictor is just a predictor that probably doesn't take into account SA's thin batting lineup and that SA just two wickets away from losing too. Take Klaasen & Miller out and SA lose. And it also probably doesn't take into account how SA struggled in wins over Nepal, Bangladesh, WI, etc. These showed their batting vulnerabilities.

But obviously SA were really strong favs after 15/16 overs.

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah you’re right, I was cheering on China and Saudi Arabia at this WC as I do in every sport. Imbecile.

Burgey

Nah, I just can’t believe the stupidity of expecting someone to include references to China and Saudi Arabia when they post about a country which is actually competing in the event you’re posting about

Burgey

I mean, I’m sorry I didn’t also say North Korea should be omitted, but I really didn’t think it was especially relevant to the discussion at hand.